Tutto Italia in Epcot's Italy Pavilion to get new wine bar during major refurbishment

DonaldDoleWhip

Very happy about this news. If a new attraction for World Showcase isn't going to happen, at least we're getting some impressive new restaurants and renovations. Plus, it's nice to see the "La Cava" concept being used in a variety of nations.

NoChesterHester

Very happy about this news. If a new attraction for World Showcase isn't going to happen, at least we're getting some impressive new restaurants and renovations. Plus, it's nice to see the "La Cava" concept being used in a variety of nations.

The country by country refurbishments continue. Very happy to see this.

Wonder who's next (please American Adventure)???

marlaine8

Tutto is our favorite restaurant! We eat there the first day of our trip every year! Last year, greens (kale) was served as a side with my entree, and my DH loved them so much he asked for an order of it all by itself. The server and kitchen were so accommodating even though it wasn't on the menu. The manager came to our table and was as happy as we were that they were able to please us. I can't wait to see how they improve on the place, although we are certainly happy with it as it stands.
Has there been any whispers about the new menu? I'm very excited about the restaurant! :sohappy:

About time this place gets updated. It's a bit worn, and the menu is not all that great and neither is the food. I don't get what is so hard to make good Italian food. Use prosciutto, good olive oil, percorino and romano cheese, san marzon tomatoes, fresh made pasta, really show the traditional food of Italy in regions. Not just Americanized parmesan crap. The only thing we ever like about this place was eating the antipasta plate on the patio, that was the only dish that somewhat highlighted true Italy.

Agreed! The Italian pavilion needs good, real Italian food. Though am I alone in thinking Via Napoli pizza is very similar to New Haven-style? (Our families pretty much all came from the Amalfi coast, but surely there must be differences.)

I would hate to lose the tromp l'oeil decor in the restaurant, though.

COProgressFan

Agreed! The Italian pavilion needs good, real Italian food. Though am I alone in thinking Via Napoli pizza is very similar to New Haven-style? (Our families pretty much all came from the Amalfi coast, but surely there must be differences.)

I'm looking forward to Tutto Italia's refresh as well. A new/better menu sounds great, but unfortunately I'm also expecting even more outrageous pricing.

Definitely similarities with Napoli's pizza, though I would say New Haven style pizza is still thinner and bit crispier.

Yum!:)

ToTBellHop

Eh...some similarities with one big difference: I thought pizza at Frank Pepe's in New Haven was disgusting--crispy (burnt) on the bottom and a greasy mess on top. Via Napoli's pizza, on the other hand, was fantastic--chewier crust, great sauce and toppings. I'll take Via Napoli any day over our New Haven crap.

COProgressFan

Eh...some similarities with one big difference: I thought pizza at Frank Pepe's in New Haven was disgusting--crispy (burnt) on the bottom and a greasy mess on top. Via Napoli's pizza, on the other hand, was fantastic--chewier crust, great sauce and toppings. I'll take Via Napoli any day over our New Haven crap.

Dare you go to to Wooster St. and make that statement....you'd make a lot of enemies (including me)!

ToTBellHop

Dare you go to to Wooster St. and make that statement....you'd make a lot of enemies (including me)!

I would have to actually drive over to Wooster to eat, which I no longer do after a series of crappy meals. I go to Danbury for good Italian food now. Wooster St is incredibly over-rated. And I wouldn't really care if I made enemies in New Haven. We moved to Branford to get away from New Haven people...

More on topic, though, I look forward to the new Tutto Italia menu. Most of the recent updates in dining at World Showcase have been to make the food a bit more authentic (but not so authentic that Americans won't eat the food). The update to the menu at La Cantina de San Angel is a great example. Now, if only the San Angel Inn could get edible food...have not tried the Hacienda. Love Via Napoli last week. First time I've had edible (dare I say GOOD) pizza at WDW!

DonaldDoleWhip

I would have to actually drive over to Wooster to eat, which I no longer do after a series of crappy meals. I go to Danbury for good Italian food now. Wooster St is incredibly over-rated. And I wouldn't really care if I made enemies in New Haven. We moved to Branford to get away from New Haven people...

More on topic, though, I look forward to the new Tutto Italia menu. Most of the recent updates in dining at World Showcase have been to make the food a bit more authentic (but not so authentic that Americans won't eat the food). The update to the menu at La Cantina de San Angel is a great example. Now, if only the San Angel Inn could get edible food...have not tried the Hacienda. Love Via Napoli last week. First time I've had edible (dare I say GOOD) pizza at WDW!
The San Angel Inn's menu was largely redone sometime last summer/fall. From the reviews I've seen, it's supposed to be better now.

That's why I go to Modern on State Street. There's enough good restaurants all over the state anyway to put anything at Tutto Italia to shame.

NoChesterHester

That's why I go to Modern on State Street. There's enough good restaurants all over the state anyway to put anything at Tutto Italia to shame.

Unfortunately for us from the middle of the island... we aren't so lucky. I guess the further you get from the coast the longer you are away form Italy...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom