Tusker House for Lunch

slappy magoo

Flame Tree was hands down my favorite counter service restaurant anywhere in WDW and I miss in that respect tremendously. Having said all that, my family had a late lunch there in December and we enjoyed the food very much, even with some self-imposed time pressure (went with a 5 month old, who always seemed to wake up crying whenever we'd try to eat, so we'd wind up eating in shifts). Comparable to Boma at the AKL, both in terms of many of the types of food offered and the quality. When we went, they were offering a promotion where, when eating lunch in the time frame we arrived, you got what was essentially a FP to see the next showing of Finding Nemo without having to wait on line. I guess it's their equivalent of the Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Studios. Apparently they're still doing it - you'd need to have reservations between 1 and 1:40. That's a major plus IMHO, and I'd suggest trying to book it.

If you have some picky eaters, much of the food really isn't that exotic. There's chicken, there's beef, there's pork, there's potatoes and rice and veggies...the spices and marinades might be a little more different than what you're used to. If absolutely everything tastes like hot buttered monkey butt to you, then just eat 20 bucks of "safe" food at the kids table and savor getting to see Finding Nemo without having to wait - and wilt - in the Florida sun.

brent2124

Flame Tree was hands down my favorite counter service restaurant anywhere in WDW and I miss in that respect tremendously. Having said all that, my family had a late lunch there in December and we enjoyed the food very much, even with some self-imposed time pressure (went with a 5 month old, who always seemed to wake up crying whenever we'd try to eat, so we'd wind up eating in shifts). Comparable to Boma at the AKL, both in terms of many of the types of food offered and the quality. When we went, they were offering a promotion where, when eating lunch in the time frame we arrived, you got what was essentially a FP to see the next showing of Finding Nemo without having to wait on line. I guess it's their equivalent of the Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Studios. Apparently they're still doing it - you'd need to have reservations between 1 and 1:40. That's a
major plus IMHO, and I'd suggest trying to book it.

If you have some picky eaters, much of the food really isn't that exotic. There's chicken, there's beef, there's pork, there's potatoes and rice and veggies...the spices and marinades might be a little more different than what you're used to. If absolutely everything tastes like hot buttered monkey butt to you, then just eat 20 bucks of "safe" food at the kids table and savor getting to see Finding Nemo without having to wait - and wilt - in the Florida sun.
What?:shrug: Flame Tree BBQ is still open, and what does it have to do with Tusker House?

corey154

I liked it when I ate there. I liked trying the new stuff, but don't worry they have regular stuff that even picky eaters can munch on! If you've never been there, it's always fun to try something new.

Phonedave

What do you guys think of this place? I was thinking of trying it out for an early lunch when I head to Animal Kingdom.

I ate lunch there. I enjoyed it very much. Nothing too exotice either ( I do like exotic as well)

Very nice service, and some decent SA wines as well.

-dave

mbtohill

Tusker House is one of our favorites, we go for lunch every year, have two DD's now 8 and 6 and they have loved going to TH, plenty to choose from for everyone, GREAT ICE COLD African beers too....two thumbs WAY UP on this one...:slurp:

gspin2k1

What do you guys think of this place? I was thinking of trying it out for an early lunch when I head to Animal Kingdom.

I went for an early lunch (around 11) no line. Was really nice because it was only like mid 70's in AK that day but with the humidity in that park and the body heat from everyone else. A break sitting for lunch in a nice aircon (what we Guammies call a/c) was great. The food was good, service good too. I'd easily recommend Tusker House.

~G

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom