turkey LEGS!!!

bhg469

too much work, they have wayh too many tendons and stuff to get around and they really arent the greatest thing in the world. i save my money and go straight to the dole whip stand

civileng68

Account Suspended
agreed

Originally posted by bhg469
too much work, they have wayh too many tendons and stuff to get around and they really arent the greatest thing in the world. i save my money and go straight to the dole whip stand

I have to agree. I thought they looked SOOOO good and wanted one so bad. I bit into roughly 5 tendons, fat and whatever else. The grease just dripped everywhere. Not for me. I was disappointed. They didnt taste very good to me either.

Of course this is my opinion. If you don't like it, then go to Universal.

Originally posted by bhg469

i love the dole whip stand. i only get that to get cooled off on a hot day but just for a meal. i would go straight torwards a turkey leg stand MMMMMM:slurp: :hammer:

ajerdee

I would have to say it is more of a State Fair food. I've had one before at the fair and it didn't seem to bother me as much since you can walk around looking like a slob while hanging out with farm animals. At Walt Disney World I would let something like that bother me and there is a little bit of a time commitment there too. It's not easy to put it down or hand it off to someone else. :lol:

Atta83

Everytime I see one I gag, they are so gross. I tried one last year and ewwww I have a few bites then grabbed some spicy mustard to see if that would help and no. I will never buy another turkey leg. They just look so grosss.....

Chefjason1974

Last time i was ating a turkey leg in the MK i was being hawked by a sand crane who wanted a piece! I didnt think a bird would eat another bird so when i was done i offered him a bite of the leg. Guess What!!! this bird ate the meat off the bone!! it was wrong on so many levels i had to take a pic of it!!! Just thought i would share!

P.S. I love the Turkey Legs! They are also the best deal in the park!!!!

ajerdee

Originally posted by Chefjason1974
Last time i was ating a turkey leg in the MK i was being hawked by a sand crane who wanted a piece! I didnt think a bird would eat another bird so when i was done i offered him a bite of the leg. Guess What!!! this bird ate the meat off the bone!! it was wrong on so many levels i had to take a pic of it!!! Just thought i would share!

I would feed frozen chicken to Egrets and Herons when I lived in Florida, until I realized that it seemed sort of cannibalistic.

Ausdaddy

Tigsmom is correct. TV specials have confirmed that they are real Turkey. I'm also in agreement with those that feel they are just not that great.

Kwit35

Originally posted by ajerdee
I would feed frozen chicken to Egrets and Herons when I lived in Florida, until I realized that it seemed sort of cannibalistic.
When we lived in Alabama, our house backed up to a cow farm. We used to feed the cows dog biskets and, yes, hamburgers. *hangs head in shame* I was only 10 at the time. However, the cows really like the burgers.

StuntDoomBuggy

Well, It's Not Everyday You Get Turkey.. It's Something Different From The Usual Burger And Chicken.. I Only Had Turkey Leg 3 Times.. I Need More! I Can't Find Any Here In Hawaii!!!

Which Brings Up Another Point.. I WANT MY FUNNEL CAKE!!!

junior247

im pretty sure those things are made from Emu, as turkey can be quite expensive. are those specials accurate? one of my friends is a cast member; im sure disney wouldnt want to say emu on television anyway, thats why they tried to "prove" what it is

phlydude

It doesn't matter to me. It could be gator leg and I would still eat it. I guess I'm a sucker for smoked meats (just like Alton Brown in Good Eats episode Scrap Iron Chef)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom