turkey LEGS!!!

MichRX7

Premium Member
I had a turkey leg last time we were there. It was good, but not as good as the leg's at the local medieval fair they put on each summer up here.

On another note, I will be trying a beaver tail in Canada next time we go back to Epcot. My 14 y/old stepson wanted one last time we were there and he got some super combination of goodies on it and I'm sure I gained 5 lbs just paying for it. (oh to be young again with a super metabolism)

Of course, it wouldn't have gone well with the yards of bass ale my brother and I were consuming to see if one of us would get sick on our 5th ride on M:S (yes, I know "how childish"). Well, we found out we still have the same iron stomachs we had as kids when we used to eat some greasy food at the TT and see who would get sick first riding the MTC. :lol:

It was great, his first trip back since before Epcot was built and he had a riot. (he's 41 and I'm almost 37). I try and go once a year.

flyersmv

Originally posted by Atta83
Everytime I see one I gag, they are so gross. I tried one last year and ewwww I have a few bites then grabbed some spicy mustard to see if that would help and no. I will never buy another turkey leg. They just look so grosss.....

i feel the same way!!
i think those turkey legs are GROSSSS.....ive never even had one and will never try one....just the thought..a bunch of sweaty ppl knawin on a big turkey leg that proboly isnt even real meat....AHHH SOOOO NASTY

me+turkey legs=:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

phlydude

I have seen numerous specials on TV where they describe the type of turkey they get the legs from. They are the same turkeys you get those big old slices of lunchmeat from.

We are used to the 18-24 pound turkey being the biggest that we have seen on our Thanksgiving table. The truth is, if they sold them much bigger to the general public, they wouldn't fit in the oven. They do exist and farmers raise them big.

Think about that the next time you get that turkey sandwich or hoagie (sub) from the deli.:sohappy: :slurp: :sohappy:

MeTa

I have heard many people say things about how the turkey legs are actually EMU, there is no way that they are. Emu's are as big as ostrich's, HUUGE. They are made from turkey, a special upbringing can make them that big....etc. diet.

And if anyone is interested in getting them from thier hometown, I am from Boston and the local BJ wholesale sells them in packs of 2 all they need to be is heated and they are pretty darn close to the ones in disney.

MeTa

I have heard many people say things about how the turkey legs are actually EMU, there is no way that they are. Emu's are as big as ostrich's, HUUGE. They are made from turkey, a special upbringing can make them that big....etc. diet.

And if anyone is interested in getting them from thier hometown, I am from Boston and the local BJ wholesale sells them in packs of 2 all they need to be is heated and they are pretty darn close to the ones in disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom