Ttc?

Invero

Originally posted by adr315
A question ive wanted to ask a CM, but never had a chance to....What are the "perks" for the job, in relation to the parks? Do u guys get free admission as long as u work there? How does it work? My dream is to be an imagineer (even tho i know its nearly impossible) but i would easily settle for any job in Disney, perferably on an attraction.....so what, if any "perks" do u get for working at Disney? if u can disclose any of that info, it would be real cool.....thanks!

In Disney-lingo, "perks" would translate to (drumroll...) The Disney Difference... (Ooooooooh... ahhhhhhhhh....)

Basically... we get passes for the parks, discounts around Disney on food, merch, rooms, etc... Discounts at local merchants, special services, qualify for special deals on things... health benefits... blah blah blah... lots of other things. It's cool I guess.

Luau Cove

It says you are from Lake Buena Vista so you're close to WDW, you are a Florida native or went there specially for Disney?

(Little by Little this became a talk show...)

-->LUAU

Invero

Originally posted by Luau Cove
It says you are from Lake Buena Vista so you're close to WDW, you are a Florida native or went there specially for Disney?

(Little by Little this became a talk show...)

-->LUAU

Well... ever since I was a little kid, it's always been my dream to be a Monorail Pilot... One day... I thought to myself... now's as good a time as any... packed my stuff up, and moved down here from NH.

Irrawaddy Erik

adr315
Working attractions is a lot of fun but it gets very repetative unless you have awsome CMs it can be very hard i know we have GREAT CMs and Managers here in fantasyland and toontown
I love working attractions and wouldnt think of doing anything else (maybe entertainment) but its too much fun a lot of guest interaction working the attractions aaaaahhhh i love my job

(shamless advertizing by)
Erik
Toontown/fantasyland Attactions/Opperations

Invero

Originally posted by jcrb
That cool .

What your favorite monorail route?

I love driving the Resort beam... especially in the mornings. My last bidline, I was at the Grand Floridian, as the opening driver on Sat & Sun. Me and the station opener always had such a blast... and the other people around the beam were great too.

Debbie

Originally posted by hmppan
adr315
Working attractions is a lot of fun but it gets very repetative unless you have awsome CMs it can be very hard i know we have GREAT CMs and Managers here in fantasyland and toontown
I love working attractions and wouldnt think of doing anything else (maybe entertainment) but its too much fun a lot of guest interaction working the attractions aaaaahhhh i love my job

(shamless advertizing by)
Erik
Toontown/fantasyland Attactions/Opperations
Thibodaux La.???????? You're just down the road from me cher'

Disney_Freak:oþ

In Disney-lingo, "perks" would translate to (drumroll...) The Disney Difference... (Ooooooooh... ahhhhhhhhh....)

Basically... we get passes for the parks, discounts around Disney on food, merch, rooms, etc... Discounts at local merchants, special services, qualify for special deals on things... health benefits... blah blah blah... lots of other things. It's cool I guess.

I LOVE YOU FANTASIA BOI!!!YOU KNOW I DO!!!! lol :animwink: :animwink:

NowInc

Originally posted by OrlandoDisney
Does anyone know where they park the monorails after every day?

...in the monorail station....

One question...whos the one who sits outside of the grand floridian and holds up a sign every time a monorail zooms by...that dude is awesome!!

TURKEY

Its kind of off behind Space Mountain. The monorail beam that seems to never be used between the Contemporary and MK station is the beam that goes back to the shop.

Invero

Does anyone know where they park the monorails after every day?

Typically... We'll park a train at Epcot, and one at Concourse (TTC/Epcot side) Then one will be parked at TTC/Resort, one at the Contemporary/Resort, and one at the MK/Resort. All the express trains, and any others we need will come from shop.

(This is just an example... all subject to change due to tough cleanings, or however Central wants to do it)

Invero

NowInc, what are all of those buildings behind the Magic Kingdom besides the Monorail Parking Garage?

Thanks;)

Central Shops... processing plants, Disney University... lots of things back there. Too bad that picture was taken before they built my apt... :)

NowInc

NowInc, what are all of those buildings behind the Magic Kingdom besides the Monorail Parking Garage?

Thanks;)

I assume they are just more administrative and CM type of buildings...i really dont know the exacts on this and im sure others are FAR more qualified to answer that ;)

Invero

Originally posted by NowInc

One question...whos the one who sits outside of the grand floridian and holds up a sign every time a monorail zooms by...that dude is awesome!!

LOL, I don't think I've ever seen that. Although, on occasion, we'll write notes to the passing express drivers at the Flo... I'll usually make a smiley or something. When I worked at the Contemporary, we had signs for the Elevator... one was "HAVE A NICE DAY" and the other sign was, "PLEASE PROCEED FORWARD" We'd change out the signs depending on how we'd load the station. Anyways, I'd take them, and flash the drivers... hehe... they alwasys got a kick outta that.

scotty_l

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

Typically... We'll park a train at Epcot, and one at Concourse (TTC/Epcot side) Then one will be parked at TTC/Resort, one at the Contemporary/Resort, and one at the MK/Resort. All the express trains, and any others we need will come from shop.

(This is just an example... all subject to change due to tough cleanings, or however Central wants to do it)

Your exactly correct. There is a cleaning schedule at Central in addition Monorail Shop may have a special request such as beam work that may need to be completed. But sometimes it is the descretion of Monorail Central, such as how many drivers are available, when a beam will need to shutdown, or when you try to shutdown the beam at immediately after the Monorail closing time. My personal favorite scenrio was to park a train at Concourse. Have the train in front of it on Epcot to travel out to Epcot, switch ends, move the switches and clear the train at ec to travel forward through the Epcot teardrop through the switches and shutdown at TTC. Then when the resort beam would shutdown leave two trains out. prefably at the MK and TTC to allow the cleaning crews to get to them....

Thanks Tyler your adding great content...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom