Ttc?

Invero

Originally posted by Hyperion93
I've always wanted to work at Disney, be it an Ice Cream sales man, or a Monorail Pilot.

In my opinion, being a Monorail Pilot is one of the best and most prestigious jobs at WDW... :D

since i was 3 i wanted to be a monaril pilot.i can't remember not wanting to be one which leads to my question. How to u become a monorail pilot?(training,how to get the job,etc.)

Invero

Originally posted by OrlandoDisney
Yea, i was wondering that same thing...how do you become a monorail pilot?

Well... it was pretty simple for me... One would just go to the Casting Center, and tell them you'd want to work in Monorails. If they had a position open, then great.

Once in 'rails... you get 2 days for orientation (1 Traditions, and 1 Disney Transport), 2 days on Platform Training... where you basically learn all there is to know about Pulling Gates. Trust me... there's a lot to learn.

You spend about a month or two on the Platforms... getting aquainted with your surroundings, and then you enter... DRIVE TRAINING... a week long intensive program. I will tell you right now Drive Training is no peice of cake. There's a LOT to know about these trains. You need to know everything there is to know about the trains, and then you need to be able to remember it while doing 10 other things at once.

It's not easy... but I tell you... it's the most fun I've ever had in my life. :)

Invero

Here's our Co-Pilot's license... our current ones are the same thing, except we no longer have the 2000 on there.

Attachments

• license.jpg
    license.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 93

tommy112973

how would one become a CO-Pilot??? I have been going to Disney for about 7 years now, and have never had the chance to do it...PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!

Help me
help me

3 weeks and counting!!!!!

NowInc

Originally posted by tommy112973
how would one become a CO-Pilot??? I have been going to Disney for about 7 years now, and have never had the chance to do it...PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!

Help me
help me

Just ask ;)

I got a stack of those when I rode in front a couple of years ago...

Invero

Originally posted by tommy112973

Help me
help me

All you have to do is ASK NICELY... and we will usually oblige. If they tell you it's full... ask to wait for the next train. :)

Pioneer Hall

Tyler I have another question about the monorails...

Why can't more than 4 people sit up front and what if there is a family with more than four?

Invero

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Tyler I have another question about the monorails...

Why can't more than 4 people sit up front and what if there is a family with more than four?

That's actually a difficult question to answer. There's actually a few reasons, and they all relate to Safety.

Suffice to say... it has a lot to do with fire safety regulations. We have been told that our cabs have a capacity of 4 guests, one operator, and one manager/trainer.

If we have a group of more than four, we just ask them to pick 4 to ride in front, and the rest ride in back. On a side note, when we say four, we really do mean four bodies. Even a newborn counts as a body.

I know the Rule of Four is a pain for a lot of folks... and I know, there's plenty of room for more. But... that's how it is.

tommy112973

Thanks for the info on the co pilot Tyler, my 2 y/o will really like that, she and I will just love it!

3 weeks and counting
CBR here we come
Walt Disney World HER WE COME!!!

scotty_l

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

I will tell you right now Drive Training is no peice of cake. There's a LOT to know about these trains. You need to know everything there is to know about the trains, and then you need to be able to remember it while doing 10 other things at once.

It's not easy... but I tell you... it's the most fun I've ever had in my life. :)

I am sorry that I really do not think that Mark VI drive training is not that difficult. I have drive trained drivers in a Mark IV and a Mark VI and the Mark VI is much simplier.... When the amber starts to beep slam on the brakes.....If you go too fast the train stops... The radio call button is on the mcu...

The hold points are so spread out there should be no excuse for an overrun... I can remember the most difficult hold point on exterior used to be 125 between the poly and Grand Flo. 125 used to be secondary for TTC (that is old term) the hold point before used to be 119 and the speed limit was 40mph. Needless to say that you would get an amber at 121-122 and expected to stop by 125. So it was necessary to make visuals and to know where the trains are... Mark VI drivers miss this instinct...

The Mark VI is much more complicated than the Mark IV and so much emphasis was paid in the past to become more and more technical with the drive training. The unstable 600 VDC is stabilized by Bus Stabilizers yada yada This appproach can be useful when relaying information but it does not help cycle nor some drivers attitudes about how they treat guests.

Mind you If I could afford to leave my career and go back to 'Rails'. You bet I would in a heart beat...

BTW Tyler I drive trained one of you Managers....Doug C...

Scotty_l
Frm MIV and MVI Drive Trainer
Fmr Central Coordinator (almost as good as Schitter)

Invero

Originally posted by scotty_l

I am sorry that I really do not think that Mark VI drive training is not that difficult.

Well, I would agree with you... but only to a point. I mean... for me, it all came to me pretty easily, and I was ready to check out on day 3. And yes... driving in itself is just basically moving the mcu back and forth. However... there is still a lot to know about these trains, and for someone who's not very technical... drive training can be a bit intimidating.

adr315

A question ive wanted to ask a CM, but never had a chance to....What are the "perks" for the job, in relation to the parks? Do u guys get free admission as long as u work there? How does it work? My dream is to be an imagineer (even tho i know its nearly impossible) but i would easily settle for any job in Disney, perferably on an attraction.....so what, if any "perks" do u get for working at Disney? if u can disclose any of that info, it would be real cool.....thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom