TSM Troubles

Heart_Disney

Original Poster
I was in the right place at the right time yesterday and overheard some CMs saying that since the refurb, things have been slower loading and unloading and numbers have been down because of those new gates, resulting in crazy long lines (150 minutes--two and a half hours--yesterday) and fewer fastpasses distributed in an attempt to keep the FP line short, which would also keep the standby line moving.
But it didn't work. 150 minutes is too long for a child to wait in line. A poor little boy got all the way to the front of the line and peed his pants just beside us because his parents didn't want to get out of line and I overheard another CM say that it was the second one that day. Management needs to suck it up and get rid of fastpass. Most people won't understand, but it'll be for their own good. People are not meant to wait in a line for two hours+.
Thoughts?

jakeman

I was in the right place at the right time yesterday and overheard some CMs saying that since the refurb, things have been slower loading and unloading and numbers have been down because of those new gates, resulting in crazy long lines (150 minutes--two and a half hours--yesterday) and fewer fastpasses distributed in an attempt to keep the FP line short, which would also keep the standby line moving.
But it didn't work. 150 minutes is too long for a child to wait in line. A poor little boy got all the way to the front of the line and peed his pants just beside us because his parents didn't want to get out of line and I overheard another CM say that it was the second one that day. Management needs to suck it up and get rid of fastpass. Most people won't understand, but it'll be for their own good. People are not meant to wait in a line for two hours+.
Thoughts?
It's the parent's fault the kid wet himself.

I waited for 3 hours for Splash Mountain when I was a kid.

The CM shouldn't be discussing issues such as that with other CMs in front of guest unless a guest directly ask.

When it is all said and done though this will end up being another FP thread by the end of the day. I hope that was your intent, because that will be the result.

Dayma

OK, parents need to take care of their kids first and not worry about getting on a ride.

I do not like long lines at all either and I think two hours is too long to wait. I just do not wait in line for those rides or I get a fastpass.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
OK, parents need to take care of their kids first and not worry about getting on a ride.

I do not like long lines at all either and I think two hours is too long to wait. I just do not wait in line for those rides or I get a fastpass.
Seriously, I cant even IMAGINE telling my daughter to suck it up, we're in line for a ride. That parent should be forced up on the American Idol stage and made to wet their pants in front of the crowd, then walk around with it the rest of the day.

_Scar

Well, TSMM is THAT popular. If it didn't have FP, it would still have a huge demand.

I don't think the peeing pants issue is that big of a deal. Kids also don't want to get out of line. They know that time is valuable. :p

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yep there have been other reports of capacity issues since the gates. No doubt they will rectify it one way or another. Disney are very good at keeping track of guest flow, so they will all the numbers they need to act.

WDWmazprty

Yep there have been other reports of capacity issues since the gates. No doubt they will rectify it one way or another. Disney are very good at keeping track of guest flow, so they will all the numbers they need to act.

It'd be nice if they do it by the 19th! :lol:

Tomi-Rocket

I would never wait two hours for a ride. Also, did you mention "parentS"? If there were two parents there why oh why didn't ONE of them take the child to the restroom?!?!? We had that same thing happen to us a few years ago at AK. We were in line for Kilamagaro Safari and my son had to go to the restroom. My DH and I were both there so I took him, got out of line and took him to the restroom. Problems solved. Although he took so long in the RR that we didn't get a chance to ride KS but I'd rather miss the ride than have him wet his pants. :rolleyes:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Guys, let's not miss the point of this. I believe the original poster is more trying to make the point of the fact that capacity is down, and not how to parent a child.

DocMcHulk

another attraction... like say one next door... might help.

Absolutely another family attraction will help. Toy Story Mania is the only ride based attraction the whole family can enjoy at the Studios (many say they wont take their youngest on Great Movie Ride). I actually root for another family dark ride before another coaster with a height requirement.

With their hourly capacity now around 1000 and daily summer attendance at ~30,000 and an average park hour of 9-9 less than half of those in attendance could even experience Toy Story Mania.

Without FastPass those guests would just be in the standby line.

Fractal514

Guys, let's not miss the point of this. I believe the original poster is more trying to make the point of the fact that capacity is down, and not how to parent a child.

While that may be true, OP did use this story to dramatize the situation, and I feel help prove his/her point. So I think it is fair for us to criticize the parents.

That being said, it is a shame that capacity is down on this ride, I've been twice in the past three years and am going down again in three weeks, and I've yet to ride TSMM, and I don't know that I will on this trip. I personally don't wait in anything with longer than a 45 minute wait, just my own personal policy. With that policy, and going down in September, I've been able to ride everything else in the parks. What I don't get is, is the ride really that good? Or is Hollywood Studios just that much in need of more rides?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
That being said, it is a shame that capacity is down on this ride, I've been twice in the past three years and am going down again in three weeks, and I've yet to ride TSMM, and I don't know that I will on this trip. I personally don't wait in anything with longer than a 45 minute wait, just my own personal policy. With that policy, and going down in September, I've been able to ride everything else in the parks. What I don't get is, is the ride really that good? Or is Hollywood Studios just that much in need of more rides?

All rides are subjective of course, but I will say that I've only ridden the ride once, but I stepped off that thing and knew that if that ride had been around when I was a kid, I might not have seen another thing in DHS. I'd have just looped back and around for an entire day. That does come from a video game junkie though, so I may speak from a different point of view. I guess it depends on if you like the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin at Tomorrowland. If you like that, you'll love this. It's miles better than Buzz, but if that kind of thing does not appeal to you, then it may not be worth 2+ hours wait.

Tigger1988

All rides are subjective of course, but I will say that I've only ridden the ride once, but I stepped off that thing and knew that if that ride had been around when I was a kid, I might not have seen another thing in DHS. I'd have just looped back and around for an entire day. That does come from a video game junkie though, so I may speak from a different point of view. I guess it depends on if you like the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin at Tomorrowland. If you like that, you'll love this. It's miles better than Buzz, but if that kind of thing does not appeal to you, then it may not be worth 2+ hours wait.

Yes! After riding TSM I can't even bring myself to care about the Buzz ride.

That said, I love TSM but I don't wait 2 hours for anything. So getting to the park upon opening and grabbing a FP is a must. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for it.

DisneyMusician2

Absolutely another family attraction will help. Toy Story Mania is the only ride based attraction the whole family can enjoy at the Studios (many say they wont take their youngest on Great Movie Ride). I actually root for another family dark ride before another coaster with a height requirement.

With their hourly capacity now around 1000 and daily summer attendance at ~30,000 and an average park hour of 9-9 less than half of those in attendance could even experience Toy Story Mania.

Without FastPass those guests would just be in the standby line.

I don't know...my 18 month old went on and thought it was the funniest thing on the planet.

I guess that's a know your kid situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom