Trying to get my priorities straight

mishel635

Original Poster
I know it's ridiculous, and I am normally annoyingly optimistic, but ever since I found out that my favorite ride of all time is going to be closed during our trip in February, I have kind of lost my excitement for this trip. Splash Mountain was literally going to be the first ride I was going to take my kids on when we got to Magic Kingdom.
I know it's ridiculous, and I know we will still have an amazing time, and we are lucky to even be able to go to Disney World, but I'm super bummed and can't seem to shake it!!! :(

IowaHawks7

I know that it really sucks it will be closed on your trip! I know how you feel, it was closed during my senior class trip to Disney this past february. I was really looking forward to riding it. But the plus side is that there is so much else you can do in the parks. Don't let it affect you that much.

Dog Ate Mouse

Sometimes things like this happen. But that is what other trips are for. I am sorry to hear it will be closed on your trip, but it will be something to look forward to with the kids on the next trip. I hate when that happens to and get a little disappointed too. But once you get to WDW those feelings just go away and all your left with is smiles, fun and excitement. Go on your trip and show your family a good time and why WDW is the happiest place on earth.

ratherbeinwdw

I know it's ridiculous, and I am normally annoyingly optimistic, but ever since I found out that my favorite ride of all time is going to be closed during our trip in February, I have kind of lost my excitement for this trip. Splash Mountain was literally going to be the first ride I was going to take my kids on when we got to Magic Kingdom.
I know it's ridiculous, and I know we will still have an amazing time, and we are lucky to even be able to go to Disney World, but I'm super bummed and can't seem to shake it!!! :(
I'm sorry. I would be bummed also. However, I think once you get there, those feeling will go away.

jkl2000

I'm really bummed Peter Pan will be closed when I'm there in Nov. :(

Me too! - in October - and I sort of had that pegged as a good first ride for DS4. But it didn't phase me too much - it would have been worse if it was Space Mountain. I'm thinking PotC might be a good first ride.

Anyway, OP, there's so much else to do - it'll be fine!

epcotisbest

When we were there a few weeks ago, Jungle Cruise and Space Mountain were both closed. No biggie and it did not make any difference at all in the enjoyment of our trip.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
When I went to Disneyland, the ride closure list was massive (splash, it's a small world, I could look up the whole list, but it was something like 10 attractions between the two parks). And, it did have an impact on my trip.

But, I look at it as a reason to go back!

That being said, I'm glad to see attractions getting TLC. And, sometimes that means closures.

epcotisbest

When I went to Disneyland, the ride closure list was massive (splash, it's a small world, I could look up the whole list, but it was something like 10 attractions between the two parks). And, it did have an impact on my trip.

But, I look at it as a reason to go back!

That being said, I'm glad to see attractions getting TLC. And, sometimes that means closures.
I like your really good attitude, especially a reason to go back. And attraction maintenance and refurbishment are positive things, just ask those folks on Rip Ride Rockit.

Last edited:

Aurora1

I had the same thing last year when I went during my February Break... it ended up feeling fine once we got there and it was about 65/70 each day, and not warm enough to really get wet! There are so many other great things to do that I was able to keep my mind off it... having a Mickey's Premium in hand helped! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom