Trying to get my priorities straight

hellowonderland

Better closed than malfunctioning every 2 seconds, right? :)

I am actually thrilled now when I see that rides are getting much needed attention. My biggest wish is that Disney will announce a year-long refurb of EE and we'll finally see the Yeti gettin' some love. That poor Yeti, he's attention-starved at this point...

luv

About ten years ago, IASW was down for a loooong time. It bummed me out. I totally get it.

You'll still have a great time, though!! :)

jlsHouston

I know it's ridiculous, and I am normally annoyingly optimistic, but ever since I found out that my favorite ride of all time is going to be closed during our trip in February, I have kind of lost my excitement for this trip. Splash Mountain was literally going to be the first ride I was going to take my kids on when we got to Magic Kingdom.
I know it's ridiculous, and I know we will still have an amazing time, and we are lucky to even be able to go to Disney World, but I'm super bummed and can't seem to shake it!!! :(

Well...it will be cold in February, Splash and that raft thing at AK would be the last two rides I would want to be on that month getting wet and catching a chill! Now splash closed in the summer would be a real disappointment!

mishel635

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better about it now. Just had to grieve over my beloved Splash Mountain for awhile! :)
Splash is almost always closed in Feb! It's our coldest month!
Well...it will be cold in February, Splash and that raft thing at AK would be the last two rides I would want to be on that month getting wet and catching a chill! Now splash closed in the summer would be a real disappointment!
Polar bears.
We're from Buffalo. Unless it's snowing, it's not cold. ;)

devoy1701

i think the point is that Splash is consistently (every year) closed during January and February. If you absolutely want to ride Splash, you have to plan another time to go.

Glasgow

I heard they were closing Splash Mtn for good!

j/k .. Don't you feel better now that it's just going down for refurb? Lol

Perspective ...

mickey&me

Priorities:
1. YOU'RE IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. everything else

I totally understand, but I'd trade my time not at Disney for your Disney with no Splash Mountain any day of the week.

danpam1024

I know it's ridiculous, and I am normally annoyingly optimistic, but ever since I found out that my favorite ride of all time is going to be closed during our trip in February, I have kind of lost my excitement for this trip. Splash Mountain was literally going to be the first ride I was going to take my kids on when we got to Magic Kingdom.
I know it's ridiculous, and I know we will still have an amazing time, and we are lucky to even be able to go to Disney World, but I'm super bummed and can't seem to shake it!!! :(
Well- it'll probably be a bit too cold in Feb to get wet anyhow :)

DfromATX

I would be bummed too. Splash is my most favorite ride ever! I love it. I didn't know it was going to be closed again... wasn't it recently closed last summer? Luckily we rode it last June after it was supposedly refurbished. I wouldn't let it ruin my trip though, but it is kind of sucky. Just think about all the other rides you'll get to enjoy!

NeedMoreMickey

Better closed than malfunctioning every 2 seconds, right? :)

I am actually thrilled now when I see that rides are getting much needed attention. My biggest wish is that Disney will announce a year-long refurb of EE and we'll finally see the Yeti gettin' some love. That poor Yeti, he's attention-starved at this point...

I can't remember the last time Splash was open when I was there, almost got to ride it in April, had FP for afternoon. Had time to kill so we rode the boat around the island and as we past Splash we noticed there was water but no logs coming down. By the time the boat docked the water was off. It's been YEARS since I rode it last.

hellowonderland

I can't remember the last time Splash was open when I was there, almost got to ride it in April, had FP for afternoon. Had time to kill so we rode the boat around the island and as we past Splash we noticed there was water but no logs coming down. By the time the boat docked the water was off. It's been YEARS since I rode it last.
I know what you mean. It is my favourite ride because my husband and I went on it on our first date. When we returned for our honeymoon, I was ridiculously excited to go on Splash again. We only got to ride it once and the rest of the time, it was down.

When we did ride it, nothing worked and there was garbage in my log (nothing grosses me out like wet garbage - it's a phobia, haha) so it really wasn't the greatest.

So on my end, I'm just psyched they finally seem to care about maintaining and fixing the rides. It's better to be closed for maintenance than constantly broken with people at the top of the drop, calling for help :p

StarWarsGirl

Splash closes every winter. It's the nature of a water ride. Has to go down every year. The trade off for going during low season is that you deal with refurbs. Splash in the winter can sometimes get chilly anyway (the few times I've been on it when it's open in the winter). But don't worry; you'll still have a good time :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom