Trying to get a room for November?!?!

Ijones88

:wave: Does anybody know of a "secret" way to get a Disney hotel room when they are supposedly all booked up?? We're planning just a long weekend getaway 11/8, 9, 10 but when I called reservations, they said everything was completely booked.....every room in every resort and I find that hard to believe. They even told me that the FWC was booked solid. I know it's Soap weekend and a holiday weekend but I can't believe not 1 room is available. I have heard that blocks of rooms are reserved sometimes and we have been able to get rooms when we just show up even when they're booked, but I like to have a room reserved before I go down there so we don't have to waste time looking for one......

Please help us!!!! My wife and I are both Air Traffic Controllers and we need a Disney FIX!!!!!!!

Thanks

CREECH

Hey! I'm so sorry to hear that and I don't have any answer for you. I will be there during this time and I sure hope it's not that CROWDED! I'm getting worried! This is the second place that I have seen something about that weekend being all booked up.

Upvote 0

Cosmo

we had the same problem trying to book for that weekend...tried everything but couldn't get anything (and this was >1 month ago). So we settled for the following weekend, seemed like they had tons of stuff open then.

Upvote 0

RJlvsTigger

I just went on the WDW official website and clicked on the VACATION SAVINGS link. When I entered your travel dates, it came up with rooms at the Boardwalk Inn only. The rate wasn't too bad either. I suggest you try this if you're ready to book. Hope it works out for you.

Have a great day!! :)

Upvote 0

Ijones88

Original Poster
Originally posted by CREECH
Hey! I'm so sorry to hear that and I don't have any answer for you. I will be there during this time and I sure hope it's not that CROWDED! I'm getting worried! This is the second place that I have seen something about that weekend being all booked up.
I do too!!! But the lady at CRO told me alot of the people are convention attenders and fill up the hotels but don't visit the parks so maybe they won't be too bad....we're going even if we have to sleep in a cardboard box in the middle of the road!!!

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Ijones88

I do too!!! But the lady at CRO told me alot of the people are convention attenders and fill up the hotels but don't visit the parks so maybe they won't be too bad....we're going even if we have to sleep in a cardboard box in the middle of the road!!!

I am sure you can get a deal ...and for dirt cheap... at an off property hotel... :) I know... no disney magic 24/7...but its worth a shot.... :)

Upvote 0

jcrb

Originally posted by Ijones88
:wave: Does anybody know of a "secret" way to get a Disney hotel room when they are supposedly all booked up?? We're planning just a long weekend getaway 11/8, 9, 10 but when I called reservations, they said everything was completely booked.....every room in every resort and I find that hard to believe. They even told me that the FWC was booked solid. I know it's Soap weekend and a holiday weekend but I can't believe not 1 room is available. I have heard that blocks of rooms are reserved sometimes and we have been able to get rooms when we just show up even when they're booked, but I like to have a room reserved before I go down there so we don't have to waste time looking for one......

Please help us!!!! My wife and I are both Air Traffic Controllers and we need a Disney FIX!!!!!!!

Thanks

Don’t listen to them, I’ve got Disney Resort rooms at the Eleventh hour.

What you have to do is call up many times a day. People will cancel their vacation right up to the day they book. I’ve been told many times that the resort is 101% booked up- Every time I got a room.

1) keep calling
2) if you get one night start their , book it (you can work on the other nights later)
3) don’t give up

Upvote 0

RandeB

Secrets...

We booked rooms during the same week about a month and a half ago, when they were also almost completely booked.

Trick: Went to website...entered days that we wanted. No dice. Entered more days than we needed...voila, rooms! Ending up booking up to 14 nights for a planned 5 night stay.

If you do this, you then have to call Disney and cancel the nights you don't need.

Interestingly enough, after talking to CM on phone at length about this strategy, she was able to get us the last room we needed using the same plan.

(As of earlier this week, this strategy would show availability at AS Sports, Port Orleans, Coronado Springs, and Contemporary during this weekend. I have checked as we are looking to upgrade still).

Upvote 0

lilkitty819

The week end of 11/9-11/10 is super soap week end so most resorts are booked just for the week end .....if you try for during the week...Mon-fri I bet you could get a room.....thats what I noticed when I was fooling around trying to see if I could get a lower price on the room I have.....Good Luck:brick:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by figmentmom
Have you tried contacting Kingdom Konsultants? Go back to the WDWMagic home page, and click on "Kingdom Konsultants" - good luck!

Thank you for mentioning me! With Soap Opera weekend happening that weekend, it is packed. I would be more than happy to help anyone find a room. Please contact me and we'll give it a whirl! You can call me at 1-866-566-7858

Pam

Upvote 0

Jumba Jookiba

Ok the reason the rooms are packed is thier are actually 2 conventions going on plus the Super Soap Weekend. The one Convention is a North East Teachers Convention and from what I heard its suppose to be huge.

My sister tryed to get a room 3 weeks ago and the only thing they had open was 1 campsite so she got a room in the Downtown Disney Hilton. So she calls every 3rd day to see if their is any cancellations on a Disney Hotel but so far no luck :-(

So if anyone finds any openings could you please let me know. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: Re: Trying to get a room for November?!?!

Originally posted by jcrb

Don’t listen to them, I’ve got Disney Resort rooms at the Eleventh hour.

What you have to do is call up many times a day. People will cancel their vacation right up to the day they book. I’ve been told many times that the resort is 101% booked up- Every time I got a room.

1) keep calling
2) if you get one night start their , book it (you can work on the other nights later)
3) don’t give up

jcrb is exactly right! don't stop calling! this solution works like a charm! there's been many times where we've tried to get a room, but they say everything is booked up. so mom just kept calling and kept calling (morning, afternoon, evening,...just whenever she could find the time) and eventually we got in! do NOT give up on it! good luck!

Upvote 0

NoBody

Account Suspended
The previous advice about repeated calls to the CRO is good and often works. Also remember that certain blocks of rooms are reserved for AAA and even if you are not a member you can book through them. Disney Club also gets rooms reserved for their members and some travel agencies (I'll not mention which ones) get exclusive room blocks that only "they" can sell. Consider looking into renting DVC points. In short, WDW resorts are not booked solid during the soap weekend. Plenty of rooms are still available. And yes, cancellations occur regularly!

Upvote 0

figmentmom

North East teachers' convention?!? How come MY teachers' associations never have conventions at Disney? (or anywhere else, either, for that matter!:lol: )

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Re: Re: Re: Trying to get a room for November?!?!

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

jcrb is exactly right! don't stop calling! this solution works like a charm! there's been many times where we've tried to get a room, but they say everything is booked up. so mom just kept calling and kept calling (morning, afternoon, evening,...just whenever she could find the time) and eventually we got in! do NOT give up on it! good luck!

That's what I've always heard too!

In fact, it's advice I'm counting on ....I was supposed to meet up with some friends in early December.

I hope the trips still on! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom