Trying to get a room for November?!?!

Ijones88

:wave: Does anybody know of a "secret" way to get a Disney hotel room when they are supposedly all booked up?? We're planning just a long weekend getaway 11/8, 9, 10 but when I called reservations, they said everything was completely booked.....every room in every resort and I find that hard to believe. They even told me that the FWC was booked solid. I know it's Soap weekend and a holiday weekend but I can't believe not 1 room is available. I have heard that blocks of rooms are reserved sometimes and we have been able to get rooms when we just show up even when they're booked, but I like to have a room reserved before I go down there so we don't have to waste time looking for one......

Please help us!!!! My wife and I are both Air Traffic Controllers and we need a Disney FIX!!!!!!!

Thanks

wannabeBelle

Hey Cymbal!!! Of course my trip is still on!! Room ressies in hand, tix to MVMCP in hand also. I havent started on the meals and planning and such, but I'll work on that after I get back from my October trip. I still think DisneyTati is going but WDWSmith2001 had said he probably wont be able to make it. Also give a call to CRO and see what is going on over there for 12/3- 12/8. Those are the days I Am ggoing to be there, but remember the current special expires on 10/23 if I Am remembering correctly!! Belle

Upvote 0

conntom

Hi again I try Iwon travel there are some Room .
One is the Hotel Royal Plaza Resort for the three
night you want it 99.00 a night so try iwon travel
it may help ?You may find a better Hotel?:wave:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Ijones88
:wave: Does anybody know of a "secret" way to get a Disney hotel room when they are supposedly all booked up?? We're planning just a long weekend getaway 11/8, 9, 10 but when I called reservations, they said everything was completely booked.....every room in every resort and I find that hard to believe. They even told me that the FWC was booked solid. I know it's Soap weekend and a holiday weekend but I can't believe not 1 room is available. I have heard that blocks of rooms are reserved sometimes and we have been able to get rooms when we just show up even when they're booked, but I like to have a room reserved before I go down there so we don't have to waste time looking for one......

Please help us!!!! My wife and I are both Air Traffic Controllers and we need a Disney FIX!!!!!!!

Thanks

I just got off the phone with Disney and they have NOTHING at all. I tried.....

Pam

Upvote 0

NoBody

Account Suspended
Keep calling!

I got a reservation today for my aunt and uncle from 11/8/2002 until 11/12/2002 at the Coronado Springs resort! It was a AAA cancellation. Just keep calling because cancellations pop up all the time.:wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Mental Note for Cymbal, Call before this Wednesday!!! That is when the deadline is!!! I know cause I Am leaving Thursday for my Oct. trip!! I cant wait!! Belle

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Mental Note for Cymbal, Call before this Wednesday!!! That is when the deadline is!!! I know cause I Am leaving Thursday for my Oct. trip!! I cant wait!! Belle

Thank you Miss Belle! :)

Have an absolutely FABULOUS time on your trip! :sohappy:

Oh, and try to enjoy at least 1 sugar cookie for me! :animwink: :lol:

Upvote 0

RandeB

Update

If you're still trying for a room, you can read my earlier post and do the following (as of this AM). Enter Nov 6 thru 14 as your dates on Disney website. The AS Sports and AS Music resorts will show up. You can book em online and cancel the unwanted nights over the phone.

Upvote 0

Ijones88

Original Poster
:wave: Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful help!!! As of right now we have 1 ngt at Sports 11/10 and will keep trying for the 8th and 9th. Everyone who responded...your input was greatly appreciated and I'll post a reply as to what stratedgy worked best!!!

Cheers

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Everyone, I got the end date for the current special wrong it is 10/28 as per this information from Mousesavers.com. Hey Cymbal Mark your calendar, Lady!!! Hope this helps!! Belle

Heavily discounted rates are available with Code BBK for check-ins
11/3/02-11/25/02 and 11/30/02-12/25/02. Discounts range from 25% to 40%.

Nightly room rates with this offer are from:
•$55 at All Stars
•$85 at Moderates
•$124 at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Other resorts are available at varying prices! Discounts apply at most
Disney resorts (no discounts at All Star Movies, though). Availability
of rooms is very limited. (Note: November 3-9 is basically sold out due
to Super Soap Weekend, Veterans Day and Election Week, so don't count on
booking a discounted room at that time.)

If you need passes or want a package, be sure to check out the "Embrace
the Magic" packages, which offer the same room rates as Code BBK. Plus,
there is a special offer available if you book through Small World
Travel.

Code BBK is basically an extension of a previous offer that expired
September 23. You must book the new offer by 10/28/02.

Upvote 0

RandeB

Still Works

Here I go again...

The method I have described twice above can get you all the nights you want at AS Sports or Music...it worked again this AM. I am trying every day to upgrade out of the AS Complex, and the "Check More Disney Resorts" option keeps resulting in one or both AS resorts being available.

Again, enter MORE nights than you need. Don't worry, you can cancel the unwanted nights over the phone.

See you there.

Upvote 0

Ijones88

Original Poster
Re: Still Works

Originally posted by RandeB
Here I go again...

The method I have described twice above can get you all the nights you want at AS Sports or Music...it worked again this AM. I am trying every day to upgrade out of the AS Complex, and the "Check More Disney Resorts" option keeps resulting in one or both AS resorts being available.

Again, enter MORE nights than you need. Don't worry, you can cancel the unwanted nights over the phone.

See you there.

Thanks RandeB!! I'm still trying your method but can't get the AS resorts for that time....just the FW cabins and Contemporary wing sections but I'll keep trying. I would actually like to get a moderate resort, bigger rooms, but we'll see, right now I'll take what I can get.

Upvote 0

NoBody

Account Suspended
RandeB is Right!

Thanks RandeB!! I'm still trying your method but can't get the AS resorts for that time....just the FW cabins and Contemporary wing sections but I'll keep trying. I would actually like to get a moderate resort, bigger rooms, but we'll see, right now I'll take what I can get.

Based upon your post, I would say you are going to the wrong site to make your reservations. Disney has at least 8 separate sites that take reservations for resorts at WDW (at least the ones I know about...there are probably many more). Also, Disney constantly changes their reservation sites on the Internet. Most of the sites now are running the "Embrace The Magic" promotion and on those sites all the rooms are shown at fully booked. Try RandeB's advice on this site and you'll at least get an All-Star reservation:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/reservations/reservationsindex?id=ReservationsRoot

Also, as I stated before, WDW resorts blocks out rooms for AAA, Disney Club, certain travel agencies, sponsors, special interest groups and some others. In short, all reservation sites are not the same.

Upvote 0

RandeB

Still works, again

Yes, if you go to the website listed in the post above, and enter, say Nov 6 thru 11, AS Sports will show up.

I did recommend this method knowing that it was mostly AS that showed up, as you stated that you had not yet gotten all the nights you needed but had a reservation for AS Sports.

I too am trying to upgrade out of AS, but lately only concierge rooms seem to be available outside AS world.

Upvote 0
Very Handy Web page

Check out www.hotwire.com I got a room for $23 / night there, and it turned out to be a Ramada Inn 4 miles from the Maingate. Can't beat that.

I just did a search for the dates that you need and I found rooms ranging from $24 - $115 / night. It doesn't tell what exact hotel you're getting for that price, but it does give you the star rating and general ammenities, however after you pay for it, it will come back and say which hotel it is and al that.

ok, there's my plug for a cool site,

Cya later

S. Mickey

Upvote 0

Ijones88

Original Poster
Re: Still works, again

Originally posted by RandeB
Yes, if you go to the website listed in the post above, and enter, say Nov 6 thru 11, AS Sports will show up.

I did recommend this method knowing that it was mostly AS that showed up, as you stated that you had not yet gotten all the nights you needed but had a reservation for AS Sports.

I too am trying to upgrade out of AS, but lately only concierge rooms seem to be available outside AS world.

:sohappy: Yippee!!! It worked!!!! The reason I couldn't get anything was because I was on the "Embrace the Magic" site instead of the ones you recommended. We have 11/6-11/11 and we'll just cancel the first 2 days. Thanks RandeB, Nobody, and everyone else for all the help!!!

To the Parks!!!!! see ya there!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

CREECH

Re: Re: Still works, again

:sohappy: Yippee!!! It worked!!!! The reason I couldn't get anything was because I was on the "Embrace the Magic" site instead of the ones you recommended. We have 11/6-11/11 and we'll just cancel the first 2 days. Thanks RandeB, Nobody, and everyone else for all the help!!!

I'm so glad that you were able to find something!!!! :sohappy:

We'll be there during the same time and guess what??? We are from NC too! Maybe we will get to see you there after all! :wave:

Upvote 0

RandeB

Re: Re: Still works, again

You are welcome!

We'll see you there, along with everyone else.

Did you hear they expanded the MK hours that weekend? It is going to be crowded!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom