True or false?

bugsbunny

Original Poster
If you walk up to a restaurant WITHOUT an ADR, if you tell them you are NOT using the DDP (paying cash/credit card), you will be MORE likely to get a table? And in some cases, its the only way to get a table as a walk-up?

Any validation to this?

dreamfinder

I think the opposite is true. The only way for Disney to actually lose money on the DDP is usually for the diner to order the most expensive thing on the menu for every single meal. And by lose money I mean you would pay more a la carte. All it takes is to order pasta, or some other cheaper entree item, and Disney ends up charging you more than if you paid out of pocket. Not to mention that they probably end up with you tossing a few snack credits out the door.

rsoxguy

If you walk up to a restaurant WITHOUT an ADR, if you tell them you are NOT using the DDP (paying cash/credit card), you will be MORE likely to get a table? And in some cases, its the only way to get a table as a walk-up?

Any validation to this?
I've never heard this one.

biggiedisney123

I think the opposite is true. The only way for Disney to actually lose money on the DDP is usually for the diner to order the most expensive thing on the menu for every single meal. And by lose money I mean you would pay more a la carte. All it takes is to order pasta, or some other cheaper entree item, and Disney ends up charging you more than if you paid out of pocket. Not to mention that they probably end up with you tossing a few snack credits out the door.

never toss snack credits...go to main street bakery and take home some cookies!

nibblesandbits

I definitely say false to this...

I tried getting a ressie late at night at 50s Prime Time during one of my stays...now I didn't say how I was paying...but they had absolutely no slots available. I would think if they cared how you were paying, they would ask you when you inquired about getting a table.

And I know that 50s had no open spots for the evening, b/c my mom and I just ate at the bar then and there were people who were still waiting to be seated an hour after the place closed.

If a restaurant is full, it's full and it doesn't matter how you're paying...you aren't getting in if they have no spots available.

(PS...I too use my snack credits to take stuff home...love getting the Fudge from the Confectionary...:slurp: )

krankenstein

I've been able to walk up and get a sit many times. You have to be flexible and you have to go to the less popular restaurants.

Btw, never used the DDP or had the Tables in Wonderland card. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom