"True Colors" Pre-Show Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Jesùs_Carioca

Original Poster
For those of you claiming that you aren't a big fan of the pre-show, do you mean the one that is currently playing or the former "True Colors" pre-show reel that Kodak had a couple of years ago (which is the one I am reffering too). I'm sorry, i just needed to clarify it, just incase.

I have yet to see the new one...truth being told, I haven't been to Honey I shrunk the kids SINCE "True Colors" was still around. The song, i have, don't worry about that...it's just the video itself... that was what was really touching, ESPECIALLY the textual wording.

This is what i found...it isn't the original showing of it, but it's not that bad of a homage to it by a person who remembered the Pre-show...

watch

I'm just glad that so many people actually remember it! Sometimes, I fear that I am the only one at my age who'd be such Disney-holic-ized enough to reminisce about something as minute as this video (i must've been like...11 last time i saw it).

Thanks a lot guys, for supplying me with a group of "old fogies" to recollect with! :D

Tom Morrow

I guess there always has to be the one person who will digress from popular opinion.

But, I can't stand the new Kodak pre-show at HISTA. I purposely will try to avoid it. It is too long and corny.
But, we're talking about the old pre-show. The general consensus here is that the new one is nowhere near as good.

WDWFigment

I guess there always has to be the one person who will digress from popular opinion.

But, I can't stand the new Kodak pre-show at HISTA. I purposely will try to avoid it. It is too long and corny. The kid with the frog really irriatates me.

Maybe my feelings also stem from the fact that you are forced to stand on an angled floor for God knows how long. At Muppets you can sit at least.

You definitely aren't digressing, I think it's pretty common sentiment to think the new show is no good.

While I don't remember True Colors off the top of my head, now I too would love to see a video, to see if it brings back long-forgotten memories of the HISTA preshow...

I assume someone has checked YouTube, but I'll give that a whirl.

SDav10495

Oh wow, I remember this pre-show getting to me as well! I'm a sentimental guy but I hardly ever cry...this, however, did make me tear up. But the last time I saw it was probably 2003. (Maybe 2005...when did it leave?)

I didn't even do HISTA on my last trip (February 2007), but I remember considering just going in to see the pre-show. I guess it's a good thing I didn't waste any time doing that--I had no idea it left!

drdoom1001

I like the new one as well as the old one, and I don't go into HISTA that much anymore as the actual attraction in my opinion is getting old and tired, you can call me strange but I like the pre-show better than the attraction!!!

dxwwf3

I love the audio from the True Colors preshow and I listen to it occasionally, but I'm not too upset that there isn't a video readily available. I mean it wasn't a bad preshow at all, but I thought the audio carried it.

The current preshow is one of the worst at WDW and I try to avoid it if at all possible. I'm usually not the only one letting out some unintentional laughter during that one.

WDWFigment

Kodak really has been screwing up a lot of stuff at WDW in the last few years.

Come to think of it, my girlfriend just replaced a Kodak digital camera because of the poor image quality. Maybe the company is just on the decline in general!

I wonder if a bunch of emails or anything would influence their "Imagination" decisions? :shrug:

skyhar8000

True colors preshow!

The TRUE COLORS pre-show is now online! You can view it at www.youtube.com by searching these terms -- wdw true colors -- and it will come right to the top for you.
To load a copy, go to http://www.sendspace.com/file/wttc86 and scroll down to the flashing red arrow that indicates the download link. Good Lord, I never thought I'd see this again -- it's like a visit from an old friend I thought had died six years ago.
Enjoy! Stephen Bauer, Portland, Oregon USA, aka skyhar8000 on wdwmagic.com:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

raven

The TRUE COLORS pre-show is now online! You can view it at www.youtube.com by searching these terms -- wdw true colors -- and it will come right to the top for you.
To load a copy, go to http://www.sendspace.com/file/wttc86 and scroll down to the flashing red arrow that indicates the download link. Good Lord, I never thought I'd see this again -- it's like a visit from an old friend I thought had died six years ago.
Enjoy! Stephen Bauer, Portland, Oregon USA, aka skyhar8000 on wdwmagic.com:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

The person who taped it must have had the hiccups or something because it's so shaky that I can't stand watching it. :fork:

flydisco

I too am a big fan of the old true colors pre show but that video actually makes me angry. I just watched it and wanted to yell at whoever was taping it to keep still!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reminder--I had forgotten that pre-show, and it was spectacular. The old Kodak commercials also made me cry ("Remember the times of your life...")

skyhar8000

TRUE COLORS video quality

Now, people, please keep in mind the dimensions of that little theatre and its slanting floor, and all those Guests packed in like cattle. I'm surprised that the video is as good as it is! Martin, who posted it, tells me he hopes to work with some anti-shake video technology in order to be able to post a smoother copy. Meanwhile, lighten up and enjoy, y'all. Life is short!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom