Troubling Party Season Update

flynnibus

Premium Member
There's a pandemic on if you haven't noticed.
Do we really have that short of memory? This problem is older than the pandemic

85ADF8C5-FA2B-4BE5-A7D9-979E12E1D835.jpeg
23CF2BEE-5FEB-4CE8-B0A8-2E7EC4F19C84.jpeg

Jrb1979

I'm not surprised by this move at all. I will say as far as Halloween goes I much prefer HHN or what SeaWorld and Cedar Fair parks do. I consider Disney's Not so scary a Halloween lite event and is something I would never pay for. My local park does trick or treating and Halloween lite things for free during the day.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I'm not surprised by this move at all. I will say as far as Halloween goes I much prefer HHN or what SeaWorld and Cedar Fair parks do. I consider Disney's Not so scary a Halloween lite event and is something I would never pay for. My local park does trick or treating and Halloween lite things for free during the day.
But, they don’t provide Mickey Premium Bars? Mr. Six’s Ol’ Wrinkly Bars are trash.

Disstevefan1

I’m sure many will say, “saw this coming,” but I’m told Chapek has paid some attention to after hours parties and decided that, going forward, he wants to give guests what they’ve been asking for. We’ve been complaining that parties are too crowded for years. Apparently, After Hours events will be the plan going forward, although they can keep some entertainment (e.g. parade and fireworks, but not stage show; or some other mix—closer to this year’s Christmas event than Boo Bash).

Crowd levels will be very limited and cost will be in the $150-200 range moving forward.

Disneyland gets to do this, too. Disneylanders will love that...

Grain of salt, of course.
This was expected. “Charge more, provide less” the only thing i will take with a grain of salt is limited capacity. Disney, as they have always done, will slowly creep up the number of tickets till these are mobbed too.

Disney loves these after hours hard ticket events. They can charge for two tickets a day, a day time ticket and a night time ticket, it’s perfect in their eyes.

As we also know the prices for what we will now call the day time ticket continues to go up and the day time hours that ticket is good for continues do lessen and once again, Disney is charging more and providing less.

Another thing we see Disney do is to simply close a park early. As a company would purchase a time block in that park. For those who already purchased a day ticket, what are you gonna do? Disney already has your money.

Lilofan

One of the best parties for kids is when the 15K strong Pop Warner football players from all over the USA back in the day in December rent out the entire DHS for the night with all u can eat and drink with many food locations , rides, etc open just for them.Some will be future NFL players.

matt9112

If this is the route they plan to go, then what they should do is have the Halloween and Christmas parades during regular night hours for all to see. Would make for a fun Halloween and Christmas season for everyone!
Then concentrate the after-hours on exactly what they are - a low crowd experience with getting in a lot of rides. Maybe give each it's special fireworks, treats, a show etc.

That Costs money.....this is TWDC. They might be calling six flags for economic advice 🤣🤣

homerdance

Not surprised if they go this direction. The last couple parties we attended were not that much fun because the were SO crowded. I have enjoyed the DAH because of the low crowds

Touchdown

If you mean HHN, it's half the price, equal if not longer operating time and massive additional offerings beyond the rides themselves. Not sure that would be a flattering comparison to MK Boo Bash.
HHN is an entirely different experience then normal Universal Studios. You could easily spend all your time doing things (houses, zones, shows) that are not a part of the normal park, and this is in fact the norm. When I go to HHN I will ride 4-5 rides all night, visit all the zones multiple times, do each house once (3-4 twice) and sometimes see a show (express pass.).

MK parties, I see the entertainment, do trick or treating, but about half my night is spent riding the same rides I can during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom