Troubling Party Season Update

themarchhare

HHN? Where for $129 I can go every night during september? Ride the open rides for little wait? Experience a truly premium holiday experience that includes 2 shows? And if I don't like waiting in lines fo4 $400 I can have express for houses and rides every night during september as well.

Yikes! for ONE night for a few hours?
IF they had kept the same formula as years past I'd have considered a MNSSHP with early access to MK-instead I am going for more nights, RiP tour, UTH tour at universal. So instead of WDW even getting a fraction of my money now they have none. Wonder how many of us will be needed to tip that balance that WDW realizes maybe charging more for less isn't a great sustainable business model...
ALL of this - not to mention, they have *free* trick-or-treating at IOA for the kids during the day AND a special Halloween fireworks show at Hogwarts Castle that is *gasp* free with admission.

Animaniac93-98

Or they would just go back to being open late (like midnight) for all guests and have a variety of seasonal entertainment and parades for different parts of the day, like they did for most of their 50 years of existence, accommodating a variety of people without gouging them.

Now that would be magical.

You mean like how Disneyland right now is open until 11:00pm and has Halloween fireworks for everyone on weekend nights, and a modified show Mon-Thurs + Haunted Mansion Holiday?

Casper Gutman

And again, the "parties are too crowded" situation is something Disney INTENTIONALLY manufactured over the past several years. Within very recent memory - 2015 and earlier, for instance - the parties offered walk-on level crowds at almost every attraction. Stop acting like Disney had to change everything to curtail crowds - they did just fine for decades.

And how many folks were actually complaining, specifically, about the park closing early on party nights? How many of those complaints were byproducts, consciously or subconsciously, to Disney closing a park that used to be regularly open until after midnite earlier and earlier? If the park was open until 1 on non-party nights, would many folks complain about party nights?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom