Trouble seeing 3D Movie Attractions

harryk

I'd just like to smell the pie and any other scents that are in the various 3-D venues.
My wife and son keep asking me how I liked them and I'm constantly looking at them as if they are crazy - I've never smelled anything in the 3-D venues...........

DisneyGigi

Some of the effects are blurry at times for me too. If we are able to sit in the middle I can see better. I also wear contacts and have a weak eye so maybe that is part of the reason. I never thought of that until reading this thread.

PanfanAL

WOW! I thought I was the only one. I always figured it was my glasses. However, I do know that I have one eye muck weaker than the other. My glasses correct this but I guess it could be a cause for 3D issues.

Jay & Sue

For those who wear progressive bifocals with a fairly healthy correction, sitting in the back third of the theater helps one to forcus.

Woozle

Woozle, are you color blind at all? I have suspected it might be caused by that in some way, and that these new movies use colors somehow more to make the action "pop" out more.

No I'm not color blind. I was able to see the 3D movies better as a kid. It could be my seating position (although I usually get a seat dead center.) For some reason I occasionally see double images with the glasses on during the shows. I've recently had a physical done and I know my eye sight is not bad at least from regular doctor. :shrug:

Dragonrider1227

There are cetain 3D effects I can see and some I can't. I think it also takes some time for my eyes to adjust.

For example, in Philharmagic, the flute I just see as double. I have never felt like it was coming towards me. But by the time I get to Ariel and her "thingamabobs" they are absolutely 3D.

I also seem to have trouble with 3D effects that are supposed to be "very close" Like Flounder... when he first swims up and says "cool" I see him double. But as he swims away, he gets 3D. Same with Tinkerbell.

EXACTLY! ME TOO! I noticed I also have the same issue when watching Imax 3D films or using a modern View-Master toy. I think it's the new digital 3D format. I never had this problem with the old style 3-D

dove_

I have the same problem, mostly on the older stuff. Philharmagic is the best one for me. The muppet movie doesn't work so well, which makes me really sad.. It's mostly just with the stuff that comes "WAY out" of the screen. I do have mismatched perscriptions, so that is probably a big part of it (my right eye is SIGNIFICANTLY better than my left, though with either one i can't see clearly even past about a foot.

I would think that wearing contacts would fix the problem, but it obviously doesn't :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom