Trouble in paradise officially?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I disagree. Paid it off at year 11 of a 30 year mortgage in the early 2000s. Then poured more into the market regardless of share price. Did well but the recession of 2009 was touch and go but created tremendous buying opportunity for those with cash.

I think the point was it’s not ALWAYS of maximum benefit to do so...the world is grey.

I have rentals...and until my taxes were “lowered” by dip in 2018 🙄...the expenses were advantageous based on the code. Now not so much. It’s a game of loopholes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Will they? Is the experience just as magical when you have to pay $300 a day more on top of admission for fast passes? We fell in love with a different experience. Will the new Disney still have enough magic to bring people back?

the debate is not if there’s pent up demand and people willing to pay more?...the answer in short term is “yes”

it’s can they get the numbers of people expected of them to swallow what they continue to do every day?

jury out on that one.

Last edited:

Trauma

I wish Parentsof4 or someone really good with numbers could figure out if Disney lost let’s say 50% of the yearly visitors, families that go once a year or more, due to cost increases or a drop in value.

What impact would that have on parks and resorts?

Do they even need to attract repeat business and if not how do you continue to sell DVC?

They still are building more DVC what’s the sales pitch? Hey we don’t really want you coming back all the time but if you really want to, here’s some really expensive points you can buy with all the benefits membership use to have stripped away!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wish Parentsof4 or someone really good with numbers could figure out if Disney lost let’s say 50% of the yearly visitors, families that go once a year or more, due to cost increases or a drop in value.

Do they even need to attract repeat business and if not how do you continue to sell DVC?

They still are building more DVC what’s the sales pitch? Hey we don’t really want you coming back all the time but if you really want to, here’s some really expensive points you can buy with all the benefits membership use to have stripped away!

my “guess”?:

if they lost 10%...they’d slash prices to recover it...dramatically. Just a hunch.

the original sales pitch for DVC was “cost vs value”...they point out the longterm value, the Flexibility in use, and the potential to use it elsewhere.

the last 10 years it’s more like “you want in on this...your friends will be so jealous”

Last edited:

Ayla

Slightly OT, but DVC just increased the points needed to get any DVC Member Perks. It is now 150 points.

Lilofan

Will they? Is the experience just as magical when you have to pay $300 a day more on top of admission for fast passes? We fell in love with a different experience. Will the new Disney still have enough magic to bring people back?
The pent up demand is what WDW is betting on. They are going to bet right and spending more getting less will be the norm.

Lilofan

tough talk for a place that still has half their rooms mothballed...to say noting about the 500 spots outside that fill them up.
The resorts could be opened but there is a challenge - looking for workers to fill positions. You might have heard FL has tourism staffing issues ? Turn your radar on if it is off.

Naplesgolfer

Umm what benefits are those? I’m a DVC member and I can’t seem to find them.
I think I hear where you coming from and agree. But we as DVC members have to realize the benefit we bought was Disney deluxe room night at a fraction of street prices. It differ's based on what price you bought in at but Dues are still the bulk of the cost. If you want to stay Disney deluxe it is a good value. Bulk of my points where under $60. I can stay at beach club for

for $122 to 140 at night all year. Not bad really. Now for how Disney is running the parks don't get me started.

Last edited:

Dan Deesnee

I luckily got grandfathered in on the benefits of DVC when I bought Bay Lake resale back in 2015 I believe it was.

$81 per point.

It is very, VERY tempting to sell right now considering Bay Lake is going for around $180.

My family adores WDW but we won't sit by and let our wallets be abused. Right now I've planned two tentative trips across Europe for next summer that are only $10-$15k each (not sure which one we'd do yet). Why should I pay 25% more than 2 years ago and only a few K less than the Europe trips to go to WDW?

The value needs to return to justify their insane prices.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You underestimate the pent up demand for escapism and the outdoors and the numbers who can absorb the inflated prices. Most people will go to the beach or the desert. It doesn't take much of a percentage of the population to fill wdw to overflowing.

you’re overestimating how many people buy annual passes and under what conditions....you’re premise is better suited for Disneyland.

wdw has never been “overflowing”.

jt04

you’re overestimating how many people buy annual passes and under what conditions....you’re premise is better suited for Disneyland.

wdw has never been “overflowing”

They tend to build accommodations to stay ahead of the demand curve. Just look at how many rooms have been added recently. Plus those that are being reopened. Plus Flamingo Crossing's mega addition. But still, there have been times on these boards people have complained about not being able to book their choice of resorts at peak times.

As for annual passes, a huge number of people had their passes lapse due to the problems in the past year and many have expressed regret in letting that happen. Yes it is anecdotal, but IMO it is a large number. Proof is Uni's AP sales.

The only roadblocks are what the new AP program will look like and how the reservation system gets implemented.

Strictly my opinion.

GimpYancIent

I luckily got grandfathered in on the benefits of DVC when I bought Bay Lake resale back in 2015 I believe it was.

$81 per point.

It is very, VERY tempting to sell right now considering Bay Lake is going for around $180.

My family adores WDW but we won't sit by and let our wallets be abused. Right now I've planned two tentative trips across Europe for next summer that are only $10-$15k each (not sure which one we'd do yet). Why should I pay 25% more than 2 years ago and only a few K less than the Europe trips to go to WDW?

The value needs to return to justify their insane prices.
Your money! It is smart to get the most bang for your buck. You continue to do you and get the most value for yourself and your family possible. Enjoy your vay-cay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom