Tropical Storm ERIKA to bring possible severe weather to Central Florida early next week

Mouse Trap

We'll probably see the effects of the storm Monday-Tuesday here in Orlando. Pack your ponchos and umbrellas tourists, other than lots of rain you'll have a great vacation.

CJR

I’m not worried. First, at most, it would be a Cat 1 at the coast, which would mostly mean nice temperatures in Central Florida where it would at most have tropical storm level winds. Second, it probably won’t even directly hit Florida, they love to draw hurricanes coming straight to Florida for media attention, but they almost always turn north right before impact. I’ll note the keyword: almost, better safe than sorry. Third, if the storm does come, it’ll be too weak to close the parks, which usually means it’s a great opportunity to go with little to no waits (and in decent temperatures). Erika’s nothing, in my opinion, but let’s keep our fingers crossed that nothing else comes our way. Right now, it’s looking like a nice season for us.

Gomer

I’m not worried. First, at most, it would be a Cat 1 at the coast, which would mostly mean nice temperatures in Central Florida where it would at most have tropical storm level winds. Second, it probably won’t even directly hit Florida, they love to draw hurricanes coming straight to Florida for media attention, but they almost always turn north right before impact. I’ll note the keyword: almost, better safe than sorry. Third, if the storm does come, it’ll be too weak to close the parks, which usually means it’s a great opportunity to go with little to no waits (and in decent temperatures). Erika’s nothing, in my opinion, but let’s keep our fingers crossed that nothing else comes our way. Right now, it’s looking like a nice season for us.
It's likely nothing for the parks if you don't mind getting wet. But it could significantly impact flights, which could still mess up a lot of vacations. I'm flying down late next week, so I'm hoping it passes Florida before I leave and then dissipates before it impacts my origin point in New Jersey. If it travels up the coast I could be in trouble. So here's hoping it blows through quickly and doesn't stall, or moves out to sea.

ULPO46

It's not that bad just a lot of rain and wind. Sucks around Fronteirland due to the poor drainage of the area. But have had tons of fun during the storms as not that many tourist go since they get afraid of the storms.

Nubs70

Was at the world during Isaac. It was nothing more than heavy periodic squalls. Parks were lightly populated. Had a wonderful dinner ar Portebello. DTD was a ghost town. All in all, it was rather nice. A lot of rain but it was a warm rain.

CJR

It's likely nothing for the parks if you don't mind getting wet. But it could significantly impact flights, which could still mess up a lot of vacations. I'm flying down late next week, so I'm hoping it passes Florida before I leave and then dissipates before it impacts my origin point in New Jersey. If it travels up the coast I could be in trouble. So here's hoping it blows through quickly and doesn't stall, or moves out to sea.

Doy, I forget people still fly. We drive everywhere anymore unless it's impossible to. High prices, necessary, but still unpleasant security, as well as a drop in service have kept me from looking at flying. With gas down, it's just too easy for us to say "let's take the car!" I do get that not everyone can do that though.

Sped2424

Just a category 1?
lady-gaga-eating-cereal.gif

curry767

There is a good chance Erika wil not survive the next couple of days. She will have to battle dry air and significant windshear. If these factors don't destroy her, she won't strengthen into a hurricane until just before the U.S. Coast

dstrawn9889

i take it that they came through and removed the trashcans before the storm actually hit, right? that would hurt getting smacked with

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
As someone who lives in South Florida, this actually makes me worried. It's the most worried I've been about a storm in a while, but it doesn't look like it will be much of a problem. I think it'll be hard for something to surpass the storms I've experienced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom