Tropical Hideaway

Phroobar

Disney really does make dreams come true!

View attachment 268403
tumblr_nnxrjpusMz1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Last edited:

hawkfam

Can I get on the twitter call out list by pointing out that @raven24 is actually correct in saying "you're" since her statement is "I know you are there" (correct use of that contraction) and phantazmick is actually wrong in calling her out?

Using that spelling of "your" is attempting to make it say "I know your there" and since that spelling of "your" is talking about the possession of the word "there" would be like saying "Yeah, I know that 'there' of yours that you own...."

Although, that sort of sentence would make Dr. Seuss proud!

View attachment 268146

Oh snap! This dude has some wicked burns! You misspelled a word. TAKE THAT

Phroobar

Can I get on the twitter call out list by pointing out that @raven24 is actually correct in saying "you're" since her statement is "I know you are there" (correct use of that contraction) and phantazmick is actually wrong in calling her out?

Using that spelling of "your" is attempting to make it say "I know your there" and since that spelling of "your" is talking about the possession of the word "there" would be like saying "Yeah, I know that 'there' of yours that you own...."

Although, that sort of sentence would make Dr. Seuss proud!

Californian Elitist

We’re still talking about the stalker who was “banned” from here? Their spelling and grammatical errors aren’t as confusing as the hypocrisy coming from that Twitter page. LOL.

Let’s move on, seriously. They can continue lurking from their lonely hole.

180º

We’re still talking about the stalker who was “banned” from here? Their spelling and grammatical errors aren’t as confusing as the hypocrisy coming from that Twitter page. LOL.

Let’s move on, seriously. They can continue lurking from their lonely hole.
Agreed. I had no idea when I posted that screenshot it would turn into this great big beautiful tangent, haha. But please, let’s at least drop it for a few months. We don’t want to encourage Mr. Shill too much.

Do we have a timeline for the Tropical Hideaway? When are we going to start seeing activity on the site?

Old Mouseketeer

As long as we're going down the rabbit hole, how about a bit of Adventureland trivia? In the early '80s, Disney was getting heavy into marketing deals. They pitched Splash Mountain to Burger King and BK totally choked when they found out that all they would do was shell out money to put their name on it. They would accrue none of the benefits like depreciation of the ride over the term of the contract, or capital investment tax credits--those would all belong to Disney.

Around this same time, Disney and the early Banana Republic had talks. This was the old "Adventureland-style" Banana Republic before they were purchased by The Gap. It seemed a natural fit. But when BR got to how much percentage Disney wanted on sales plus the inflated construction costs, they beat a hasty retreat. Plus Disney figured out they already had a full-size Adventureland and didn't need to put a mall-size replica inside it. And ordering khaki clothing wholesale isn't really that big a stretch.

True story. I worked with a guy in 1986 who had worked in marketing at DLR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom