Tropical Hideaway

SSG

Original Poster
jsdfj2345-624x351.jpg

Thu, February 22, 2018The Tropical Hideaway Discovered in Adventureland at Disneyland Park
6bec039aaf4e2d98366f670c73910a4f

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort
Calling all adventurers! There will soon be a new area of Adventureland to explore at Disneylandpark.

The former Aladdin’s Oasis will soon be transformed to The Tropical Hideaway! This new experience will soon appear along the tropical shores nestled between the Jungle Cruise and “Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.” This one-of-a-kind destination will be a popular rest stop for Adventureland locals and weary explorers alike. Guests will be able to rub elbows with their favorite skippers in an exotic traders’ market, featuring all of the sights, sounds and flavors of the tropics.

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more information on this exciting new location as more is discovered.

SSG

Original Poster
And this was yesterday's permit:

BLD2018-00667 Disney Aladdins Oasis - Adventureland (NAME OF THEMED?)- Change of Use: 4,315 s.ft new outdoor dining area (from A3 occupancy amphitheater to A2 occ dining area). Repair existing bridge with new wood joists and guardrails. New bridge. (2) New concrete ramp, new stairs. (4) 651 s.ft steel canopies. (14) light poles and (14) tiki torches. New rock work water feature 8' high. 66 ln.ft x 2' high retaining wall. (5) door openings to existing building and 1,111 s.ft themed plaster to Plaza Pavillion.

TP2000

They've got no real information, but conveniently have a piece of concept art to share. Further convincing me Lamplight Lounge was supposed to be Lasseter's Lounge and they had to reinvent it all at the last second.

This is definitely a downgrade from the 20th century Tahitian Terrace. And yet it's an upgrade from the abandoned and off-limits Aladdin's Oasis of the last 20 years.

I'll reserve judgement until more info is released. They are obviously trying to maximize every piece of square footage inside Disneyland before Star Wars Land opens.

TP2000

That looks cool.

@TP2000 next best thing to Tip Tip Tippy Tip Tipperson?

It was Treetop Tapas n' Tipples! And it was going to be glorious.

I'm still reserving judgment until more info comes out; is this a food court or a waitress service place, for example? If it's just a food court the place will be mobbed with neckbeard bloggers hogging all the tables for hours at a time. But if it's waitress service with controlled entry like the Cove Bar, then it has possibilities.

TROR

This is the highest quality concept art they've released in a while...

Nothing bad about this as it makes a currently underused area used, but I can't help but find a bit of disappointment that it won't be inside an actual building or, at the very least, have an entrance. Just a bunch of tables in a big empty space.

FerretAfros

Something about the vague wording really makes me think that this place will have alcohol. What other "new experience" could be the "flavors of the tropics" at this "one-of-a-kind destination"? It's all just a little more coy than the usual Parks Blog releases. This would give them a chance to get all the outrage out of the way in an AP-pleasing location (a la Trader Sam's) before it inevitably gets added with the Star Wars project

And it's a shame that despite a semi-major refurbishment to reopen this facility, it appears that they still can't be bothered to fix the fountain out front that became a ridiculous-looking planter years ago. Even WDW has fixed most of their fountains-turned-planters in recent years

dweezil78

Looks cool -- I hope they follow thru with the Barker Bird. Wonder if he'll be pre-programmed or do live guest interaction, which would be fun. Hope they offer real food here. I still think this is going to be the new spot to get Dole Whips so they can relieve the walk ways of crowds currently waiting in line as that seems to be the primary goal of most Adventureland projects these days.

MarkTwain

Seeing some speculation that this might be a bar... that's interesting. The press release is so clearly trying to be vague that it wouldn't surprise me.

So the thinking is that Galaxy's Edge is going to include alcohol then? I hadn't seen anything about that yet.

Stevek

Oh, look. A new AP hangout. More awkward tables in Adventureland. I guess that's all they can figure to do with it.

So join us hear each week, my friends!
You're sure to get a smile!
It looks very cool but I have to agree that this will likely be packed with AP's...not the casual AP but the Social Club or I visit 3 times a week AP. I do wonder if they will have alcohol fueled tiki drinks or just tropical punch like drinks and dole whips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom