Tropical Hideaway

D

Deleted member 107043

No, you are right. There’s even a Barker bird in the concept art. This appears to be very much connected to the Tiki Room. It’s not a movie, but it’s certainly IP.

Geeky fan me: OMG they're finally dumping tired Aladdin's Oasis and paying homage to Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room with a new dining spot overlooking The Jungle Cruise in Adventureland! #soexcited #ilovedisneyland

Cynical fan me: Another patronizing addition to DL that plays to nostalgic APs. #imoverit #sideeye #ohbrother

Practical Pig

No, you are right. There’s even a Barker bird in the concept art. This appears to be very much connected to the Tiki Room. It’s not a movie, but it’s certainly IP.

Every product of someone's imagination is an IP. But at least this is a nice vintage Walt Disney original native IP extension, and seemingly executed in a respectful way. It feels like a continuation of the Tiki Room, even if it's not everything it could be. Still want to know more about what we will experience there.

D

Deleted member 107043

I also have no interest in interacting with Skippers, in fact I avoid the jungle cruise for that very reason, so that makes me a little nervous. Am I going to need to take medication to deal with the social discomfort?

LOL...

Confession: I'm kinda hoping it will be like The New Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen at WDW where the waiters are comedic "skippers" from the Jungle Cruise.

mickEblu

Why is everyone always trying to drag me out of my shell?

Hahah I dunno but the thought of forced interaction makes me feel like I’m at Costco or Home Depot and I have to politely tell the salesperson my AC works fine. I live in the San Fernando valley for Christ’s sake. I’d be visiting this store from the after life today if I didn’t have AC. Why are you making me talk to you?

Now let me get back to WDW magic and see how the construction progress on the parade gates near IASW is going.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom