Tropical Hideaway

Animaniac93-98

It was Treetop Tapas n' Tipples! And it was going to be glorious.

I'm still reserving judgment until more info comes out; is this a food court or a waitress service place, for example? If it's just a food court the place will be mobbed with neckbeard bloggers hogging all the tables for hours at a time. But if it's waitress service with controlled entry like the Cove Bar, then it has possibilities.

As an actual foreign tourist(!), I would prefer my one-every-few-years visit to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom not be compromised by hoards of neckbeard bloggers, AP clubs, faux biker gangs and bored teenagers who should be in school.

As you suggest for this location, there needs to be more control. Especially once SWL opens and the out of state visitors rush to the resort.

nevol

Should be nice views of the Jungle Cruise

DWrAaLxV4AE2cRO.jpg:large
I'm so excited. Is it the tahitian terrace? No. But in all the years I've been visiting disneyland, this area has been a wasted opportunity. Adventureland is my favorite land and it's so small. Now I can enjoy the jungle cruise from onboard, in line for indy, and while hanging out here! And, no more Aladdin theming!

Stevek

Something about the vague wording really makes me think that this place will have alcohol. What other "new experience" could be the "flavors of the tropics" at this "one-of-a-kind destination"? It's all just a little more coy than the usual Parks Blog releases. This would give them a chance to get all the outrage out of the way in an AP-pleasing location (a la Trader Sam's) before it inevitably gets added with the Star Wars project

And it's a shame that despite a semi-major refurbishment to reopen this facility, it appears that they still can't be bothered to fix the fountain out front that became a ridiculous-looking planter years ago. Even WDW has fixed most of their fountains-turned-planters in recent years
OC register article says no alcohol.

George Lucas on a Bench

As an actual foreign tourist(!), I would prefer my one-every-few-years visit to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom not be compromised by hoards of neckbeard bloggers, AP clubs, faux biker gangs and bored teenagers who should be in school.

As you suggest for this location, there needs to be more control. Especially once SWL opens and the out of state visitors rush to the resort.

Your type are the best to go to DL with because they're enjoying it more since you don't take it for granted. You can always tell the difference. They're all over DL in summer when APs are blocked.

Darkbeer1

Disney has placed multiple locations as possible alcohol serving zones. I presume they will request that alcohol not leave the designated areas. First is the new Tomorrowland private viewing area, where they can get the guests will to spend money in getting the seat, a chance for an expensive drink in a souvenir glass. Same with the Fantasmic private areas.

The Golden Horseshoe is another area just ready for alcohol, and now the Tropical Hideaway. And of course, the bar in Galaxy's Edge.

Look at DCA and the new cash cow in Lassiter's Lounge, or whatever they call it....

Californian Elitist

It looks fine. It’s not harmful, but the vague description doesn’t excite me. Also, I’m not interested in interacting with skippers. Hopefully the typical fruit, drinks, and pickles won’t be the only offerings. Something like Bengal Barbecue would be nice.

I would have preferred Tahitian Terrace, but this is better than Aladdin’s Oasis. Can’t complain too much so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom