Tron Test Track

Jon81uk

I just keep hoping once there is a Tron coaster, maybe they will remove the overlay and make it good again...maybe even better. Is that too much optimism?

The re-imagined Test Track has nothing to do with Tron, so the opening of the Tron coaster won't change anything. The re-do was meant to focus on design of cars instead of testing cars, but as said, it poorly thought out and doesn't really have time to explain itself properly.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What a terrible ride...went for the first time today and such a let down from the original! Half of the ride you are just passing through blank screens and not understanding what is actually going on. Many people lose interest in their cars halfway through the ride. No real barrier test. Bumps at beginning and environmental controls are gone. Forget going single rider because you literally have no background or idea on what is happening, just there for the speed at the end. Seriously Disney what were you thinking?!
My understanding is that GM played a significant role in the creative direction of the update. The old theming didn't fit with the way they wanted to brand themselves going forward so they pushed Disney for the change.

eliza61nyc

wait, what is "tron" test track? Is that the "entire" name of test track? wasn't it refurbished a while ago, like years ago? I thought they had not finished building tron?

The Pho

wait, what is "tron" test track? Is that the "entire" name of test track? wasn't it refurbished a while ago, like years ago? I thought they had not finished building tron?
It’s just a nickname for the new version of Test Track. Many people say it has a similar visual to the Tron film so it’s frequently called Tron Track or Tron Test Track. Completely separate from the coaster being built in Tomorrowland.

CHOX

This ride uses the same technology as Radiator Springs Racers and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Sure it may be a little older, but seriously...look at the theming comparison! Radiator Springs is so much fun. I’ve never been to Tokyo but that ride looks extravant. And in Epcot we have a literal Test Track. A ride to market cars. Yawn.

BoarderPhreak

What do I know, I still miss WoM. But yeah, over the past four trips I can honestly say I've ridden TT maybe once. Who knows, maybe even twice. Not a fan, but I should still ride it more often... *mental note*

If you ask me, v1 was better than v2 but both stink. I think TT is a colossal waste of space at Epcot and a disservice to WoM. People seem to like it enough, though.

danheaton

I do miss the humor from John Michael Higgins, but overall I think Test Track is still a strong attraction. The benefit of the futuristic theme is that it actually fits better inside Future World. The effects work out really well, and the score from Paul Leonard-Morgan is much better than the original. My daughters really enjoy designing the car. The interactive elements could be a lot better, but it's hardly a terrible attraction. Most of the elements that made the original great are still there.

NickMaio

What a terrible ride...went for the first time today and such a let down from the original! Half of the ride you are just passing through blank screens and not understanding what is actually going on. Many people lose interest in their cars halfway through the ride. No real barrier test. Bumps at beginning and environmental controls are gone. Forget going single rider because you literally have no background or idea on what is happening, just there for the speed at the end. Seriously Disney what were you thinking?!
I agree.......I have been scratching head lately at some of WDW's ride developments.
Don't even get me started on the Navi river thing......😲

Trackmaster

Good to know that it used to be better. I've ridden the new version but no the old version. I was wondering what all the hype was about. Good heads up about the queue actually adding something -- as I've always done single rider. Maybe if I see the line at a minimal amount I'll try the actual line some time too.

I was thinking that since the only fun part was the fast part outside -- it would have just made sense to make it an actual roller coaster to add the credit to my count (318 different coasters and counting).

erasure fan1

This ride uses the same technology as Radiator Springs Racers and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Sure it may be a little older, but seriously...look at the theming comparison! Radiator Springs is so much fun. I’ve never been to Tokyo but that ride looks extravant. And in Epcot we have a literal Test Track. A ride to market cars. Yawn.
Agreed. Test Track was fine when it was new but with a redo, you needed SO much more. Especially with radiator Springs opening the same year. The potential for test Track is huge, sadly I doubt they ever do anything with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom