News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

wrkutz

24 seconds? That's enough time to get a pass without needing to rely on an atomic clock to make sure you hit refresh at just the right moment! Gives me hope that when I go in July I won't have to worry that much about getting in on one of the two drops...
I think you still want to be quick because getting a boarding group does not assure you will actually get called back to the ride, so having as low a boarding group as possible should be a goal. I'm not sure if there are any stats on how many boarding groups are allocated vs how many get called back, but I suspect that they allocate a few more groups than they could actually accomodate given the most efficient running of the ride, and we know that never happens.

EricsBiscuit

TRON doesn’t have the “protein spill” issues like other newer attractions. (Looking at you, GotG.)
And there’s no one special effect that screams “Yeti syndrome” either. Doesn’t mean it’s lacking in effects, just that they’re not overly complicated to maintain.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 23 Stats (4/12):
7am: 3.9 secs
1pm: 5.2 secs
6pm: 4.6 secs

BG 154 (+2) is the last BG called during regular park hours at 10pm.

For EEH, resumed at 10:25pm with BG's 157-162, with BG 188 as the last BG called for the day at 12am.

Notable stoppages: None

Average pace: 6mins/BG, 4mins/BG during EEH

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.3s -> 3.5s (+0.2s)
1pm: 3.8s -> 4.2s (+0.4s)
6pm: 4.6s -> 4.6s (+0)

That does it for Day 23 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-337.png

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
It looks like Tron has been reasonably reliable for a new attraction. More so than other openings at WDW and UOR in recent years.
Well yeah, it's not really "new". It's a clone of a seven year old attraction.

They had years to fix the issues it had.

Patcheslee

I think you still want to be quick because getting a boarding group does not assure you will actually get called back to the ride, so having as low a boarding group as possible should be a goal. I'm not sure if there are any stats on how many boarding groups are allocated vs how many get called back, but I suspect that they allocate a few more groups than they could actually accomodate given the most efficient running of the ride, and we know that never happens.
Barring major downtime, it looks like BG 1-100 are a safe bet on being called so far. @gerarar 's data really helps get an idea of reasonable expectation.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 24 Stats (4/13):
7am: 3.7 secs
1pm: 70.6 secs, or ~1 min (longest yet!)

BG 160 (+6) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm.

Notable stoppages:
1:58 - 3:06pm

Average pace: 5-6mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.4s -> 3.5s (+0.1s)
1pm: 3.8s -> 20.5s (+16.7s)

That does it for Day 24 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-259.png

TheMaxRebo

It will be interesting to see if the crowd levels drop off this and the following week.

I saw that Genie+ was still at $35 this week which surprised me but some areas of the US have this week off and the UK is still on break ... I think next week will be the real first chance to see impact of less peak crowds

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom