TRON Lightcycle Run previews

Jon_in_NC

The link was shared because the “waiting room” page was loaded on the Disney website. That’s how people found it.

It happens for many preview events. The URL is pretty easy to deduce and when people find that there is a message saying “the waiting room is now open” it gets shared on fan sites, such as this one, and other social media.

Only pass holders were able to register. Sorry you weren’t successful this time.

So, Disney has established a "waiting room" to join before sending out emails notifying that people can join the official queue. In general, it is a horrible, unreasonable system that they use. (see also the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind previews)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, Disney has established a "waiting room" to join before sending out emails notifying that people can join the official queue. In general, it is a horrible, unreasonable system that they use. (see also the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind previews)
As far as I know it worked something like this...

It was possible to join the waiting room before the emails were sent out and before the registration system was accepting users.

Those people who were placed in the waiting room were put into a random order, regardless of how early they joined the waiting room. (I had reports of users who all joined the waiting room when I posted the link, and one ended up with a 5 minute wait, and the other had 70 minutes).

Once the registration system then opened at around 9am, those in the waiting room were put into the queue in the randomly assigned order.

Those who enter after the registration opened were placed in numerical order based on arrival.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
@Emack25 and @LuvtheGoof the 12th wasn't added later. It was there upon oopening. 4-6 and then 8-12 which matched up with AP park reservations that were sold out exactly
There was something unusual happening with the availability dates. Some users in the first 10 minutes did not see some of the early and later dates. Then later, they appeared. I have several screenshots with different available dates, with more appearing later.

donsullivan

Premium Member
It took me close to 3 hours to complete, but I ended up getting Saturday the 11th at 6:30 PM (last available window that day). I got the confirmation email at 12:03P. I'm hoping the fact that I got both the incoming alert and the email today means my saga of Passholder emails is now behind me, but confidence is low.

rshell68

It was possible to join the waiting room before the emails were sent out and before the registration system was accepting users.

Those people who were placed in the waiting room were put into a random order, regardless of how early they joined the waiting room. (I had reports of users who all joined the waiting room when I posted the link, and one ended up with a 5 minute wait, and the other had 70 minutes).

Once the registration system then opened at around 9am, those in the waiting room were put into the queue in the randomly assigned order.

Those who enter after the registration opened were placed in numerical order based on arrival.
I don't know how I lucked out, but I clicked on your link at 8:54 and successfully completed by 9:15 with a March 9th slot. Thank you so much @wdwmagic for all that you do!!

nickys

Premium Member

And that is how it was explained on the DVC page which was loaded last night.

brettf22

Premium Member
For those who missed out on getting a Tron preview (mostly due to the messed up procedure of having the site open before the email went out), there may be hope. I was in a similar position for the Guardian preview. I sent an email to the AP customer service folks (passholder@disneyworld.com), who told me to call the AP support number, and provided a reference # to give them. The Passholder Help Desk hooked me up with a preview. Now, the Guardians preview ran out a lot faster than Tron's did, so they might have been holding back more spots. But see below for my my original message on what I was told. A huge YMMV, of course.

Just a heads up. After I failed to procure a Passholder preview (due in part to the fact that I didn’t receive the email … and have never received *any* AP emails), I wrote the Passholder VIP services folks, explaining what happened. They finally wrote back today, confirming that I was eligible to attend the Passholder preview, and that I could call the AP passholder help desk to see what they could do.

Long story short, after talking to the CM, she was able to get me a preview slot for May 9. And based in her comments, there were other dates/time still available. So there still may be hope for folks who didn’t get a slot.

Here’s part of the message I received:

“Please call us at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277). When calling, at the voice prompt, please state "Passholder Help Desk" to be routed to our department. Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.

When you reach a cast member, please reference #### regarding your preview event. We will do our best to work with you to find a time slot that suits you and your travel party. This option may only be available for a limited time so we recommend giving us a call at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you!”

wdw71fan

i was in queue about 10 minutes before 9amest.. waited 12 minutes after 9 and had choice of any day/time... I got the email at 9:07 advertising the link.. The email link could be more punctual but I'm sure they are sending out thousands and thousands of emails, so it takes time for the servers to process it.

Jon_in_NC

I get it, and honestly I'm not wanting to create a pity party - just sour grapes. It's just a frustrating experience. I will play by the rules - as long as I know what the rules actually are.

Imagine getting to Magic Kingdom at 6:30 am because you were told the park opened at 8:00 am and you wanted to be there to ride Space Mountain ASAP. So you stand there and patiently wait for your turn to get in and sprint over to Space Mountain but then you learn there was this other group of guests who were in another 'waiting' area (non-paid) and randomly get mixed in with you just as you are approaching the entrance.

Just saying there has to be a better way to make it more even across the board - without a pre-waiting room (unofficial in a way since it's not advertised like the email) to get into another waiting room (the time advertised in the official email).

Hcalvert

I was able to register for March 11, but I don't think that I can go. I'm out of state and I am thinking it is not worth it. Who knows if I can even fit in the ride vehicle comfortably.

Richie248

I was able to register for March 11, but I don't think that I can go. I'm out of state and I am thinking it is not worth it.
Out of state as well, had a trip planned for later in March....just started the process of moving it up so I can attend previews and with the cost of airline tickets and limited resort avail I'm also not sure if it's worth it....

vikescaper

I know they automatically book a park reservation for your preview day but are you able to park hop after your preview time is over. My family is asking me and I thought it was a regular park reservation where you can hop but I wanted to make sure.

brettf22

Premium Member
I know they automatically book a park reservation for your preview day but are you able to park hop after your preview time is over. My family is asking me and I thought it was a regular park reservation where you can hop but I wanted to make sure.
It acts like a normal reservation. One bonus, though, is that you can hold another regular reservation at the same time. For the Guardians preview, I had the reservation at Epcot that they gave me as part of the preview, as well as a regular reservation at DHS that I made. After the preview ride, I was able to go to DHS, before 2pm.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom