News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Lensman

Would be nice if they spent an extra ten million and gave the track an extra section for a decent overall length. One of the ride’s many problems.
Length isn't everything, or so my wife says.

I wonder what the comparables are for other coasters of this same type? I stress same type because IMHO, launch coasters can be shorter than chain-lift coasters, not just in time but also in track length because I think you should really subtract the lift hill time/distance for chain-lift coasters.

In terms of subjective experience, I wonder if "seeming long" is a good measure? I could see being "over before you know it" as a positive attribute (if it's meant positively).

I do wonder how these things are specified/priced/contracted. Roller Coaster Tycoon is sort of open-ended and ad hoc, but maybe that's because I didn't learn enough about the meta.

justintheharris

So I recently did a ride similar to Tron in which you lean forward on a bike. As the ride progressed, the bike squeezed my legs tighter and tighter and made for a really uncomfortable experience. Can anyone who's ridden Tron attest to its comfort in regards to restraints?

lazyboy97o

So I recently did a ride similar to Tron in which you lean forward on a bike. As the ride progressed, the bike squeezed my legs tighter and tighter and made for a really uncomfortable experience. Can anyone who's ridden Tron attest to its comfort in regards to restraints?
It’s pretty comfortable. What coaster did you ride?

Dr.GrantSeeker

A thought I had about the Railroad and Tron canopy. According to the concept art the train will go under the canopy. If the train is going to be running under the canopy, how quick till the inside of the canopy is gross from all the smoke that comes from the engine? Has Disney planned for this or is it an overlooked design flaw?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
A thought I had about the Railroad and Tron canopy. According to the concept art the train will go under the canopy. If the train is going to be running under the canopy, how quick till the inside of the canopy is gross from all the smoke that comes from the engine? Has Disney planned for this or is it an overlooked design flaw?
I wouldn't take the concept art has concrete, it's just a rendering of what it could look like. If it does go through the canopy, you better believe they will think it through.

imarc

Well it's been operating/testing for 3 years in the smog of Shanghai...

DznyRktekt

Photo taken from Disney Tourist Blog.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Didn't they upgrade the trains to run on natural gas?

RaveOnEd

Didn't they upgrade the trains to run on natural gas?
They currently run on #2 biodiesel fuel, so essentially an oil-burning steam locomotive. You would still get a little residue from the smoke, but it wouldn't be as much as coal or some form of standard oil burner.

But like the photo above, painting the sections dark that the locos run under helps the look of the area.

Bairstow

Welp, guess it's time for me to leak the updated Tron art...
View attachment 379509
Neat, but the Speedway still looks essentially unfixed.
I still think Disney is missing an easy layup retheming the Speedway to a Sugar Rush/Wreck it Ralph. The sections nearest fantasyland would be all bright and colorful candyland stuff while the areas near Tron would be all "glitched" and space-y. Imagine the fun they could have at night doing outdoor mapped projection there.

ChewbaccaYourMum

I still think Disney is missing an easy layup retheming the Speedway to a Sugar Rush/Wreck it Ralph. The sections nearest fantasyland would be all bright and colorful candyland stuff while the areas near Tron would be all "glitched" and space-y. Imagine the fun they could have at night doing outdoor mapped projection there.
Now I want this. Wow what a concept.

trainplane3

Out of budget. Due to your complaining we have decided to shutdown the speedway and replace it with...something else...
ScJHpbZ.jpg

It's obviously the go to when they don't know what they should do with an area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom