News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

What are the chances that after the 50th, space mountain leaves for good and TRON is really being built as it’s replaxement?

Think about that... you don’t need TRON and space mountain right next to each other.... and space mountain in Florida is well past ready for a complete rebuild.

That's folks fear talking. But I understand the fear. I have it too but just because TRON was SM's "replacement" in Shanghai doesn't mean that's the case here. I'd be more worried about what kind of overhaul SM gets ...

Space Mountain and TRON remain different experiences, despite both being coasters in the dark. I think they stand on their own enough, personally, even just from a ride vehicle perspective. I'd be more concerned for SM if Guardians were being built in Tomorrowland. Though I still would have preferred TRON in Future World ...

fngoofy

That's folks fear talking. But I understand the fear. I have it too but just because TRON was SM's "replacement" in Shanghai doesn't mean that's the case here. I'd be more worried about what kind of overhaul SM gets ...

Space Mountain and TRON remain different experiences, despite both being coasters in the dark. I think they stand on their own enough, personally, even just from a ride vehicle perspective. I'd be more concerned for SM if Guardians were being built in Tomorrowland. Though I still would have preferred TRON in Future World ...
You are correct. SM is a part of the 3 Mountains and its building is an engineering marvel. They may update the track and evolve the experience, but it isn't going anywhere. People love it and diminishing guest capacity serves no one.

justintheharris

This was posted in a passholder page
7D2C367D-A709-4490-8D2E-3C70B9508883.jpeg

Bocabear

If the Star Wars Lands and Disney+ don’t perform as expected, they may run out of money pretty fast.
The parks and hotels are busier than ever without the Star Wars Land even open... They will not lose money no matter what it ends up like...It could have been a Star Wars spinner and meet and greet and they still would have seen an increase in attendance... None of this building in the Theme Park that formerly only had 5 rides is any sort of risk...it was all necessary for a theme park that had slowly dwindled down to a less than stellar experience.

wdizneew

This was posted in a passholder page View attachment 371105

When comparing the current progress of MK's Tron compared to pics taken during Shanghai's Tron construction, it looks like these two helixes (circled in yellow) are ready to be put in place .

Also, notice how our red crane is placed similarly to Shanghai's yellow crane.
1443366197_1441033360_Capture drsquoeacutecran 2015-08-28 agrave 00.56.37.png

Here's the layout for the coaster for reference:
I circled the same 2 helixes in yellow.
tron_layout1_0.jpg

David1111

A smaller scale Play Pavilion 2.0? lol

I imagine Autopia and Subs are donezo if they do get TRON. Did they really need to clone this for Disneyland too? Sheesh ...
And people say that Disney World gets all the best stuff. Disneyland Park literally already has the most E-tickets of any park on Earth yet are getting Star Wars Land & Mickey, which is the amount of E-tickets HWS (Disney's second-worst park ever) is getting and they had to replace 2 E-tickets to get there!

Excited for TRON, but it's not integrated with the land either. While not without its faults, Disneyland Park for some reason is seen as needing more investment than the more popular and severely underbuilt Magic Kingdom Park. If MK would have gotten Star Wars Land, the park would have still been behind Disneyland Park. Even Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World have an enormous discrepancy in E-tickets through C-tickets on average. Think about that.

And now Disneyland Park is rumored to get yet another major ride. Happy for them, but the kissing up to TDO is ridiculous. Still can be excited about TRON and critique the way things are run.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And people say that Disney World gets all the best stuff. Disneyland literally already has the most E-tickets of any park on Earth yet are getting Star Wars Land & Mickey, which is the amount of E-tickets HWS (Disney's second-worst park ever) is getting and they had to replace 2 e-tickets to get there!

You mention "Disney World." Disney World is four parks. "Disneyland Resorts" is two parks.

But you then pivot to talk just about the one park of Disneyland Resorts, namely "Disneyland", ignoring DCA, and claim it's the single park that has more E-Tickets than any other park. But, you were just mentioning Disney World, which is more than the Magic Kingdom. So, you're making it sound like that that one park has more rides and E-Tickets than all four WDW parks. Which isn't true.

If WDW only had two parks, like DLR, then it's "Disneyland", i.e., the Magic Kingdom, would probably have had the same number of rides as well as the same number of E-Tickets. But because there are four parks, the rides at WDW get distributed among the four parks, and not all shoehorned into the MK.

Right now, counting just rides and not attractions (such as water parks, shows, national pavilions, zoos, golf courses, etc...) all of DLR (DL & DCA) has about one or two more rides than all of WDW (depending on how you count 'rides'). However, WDW has more E-Tickets. WDW didn't fill up on half a dozen children's dark rides but built bigger rides instead.

By 2022, WDW will wind up with one or two more rides than DLR, and, WDW will have 25 E-Tickets while DLR will have 20.

David1111

You mention "Disney World." Disney World is four parks. "Disneyland Resorts" is two parks.

But you then pivot to talk just about the one park of Disneyland Resorts, namely "Disneyland", ignoring DCA, and claim it's the single park that has more E-Tickets than any other park. But, you were just mentioning Disney World, which is more than the Magic Kingdom. So, you're making it sound like that that one park has more rides and E-Tickets than all four WDW parks. Which isn't true.

If WDW only had two parks, like DLR, then it's "Disneyland", i.e., the Magic Kingdom, would probably have had the same number of rides as well as the same number of E-Tickets. But because there are four parks, the rides at WDW get distributed among the four parks, and not all shoehorned into the MK.

Right now, counting just rides and not attractions (such as water parks, shows, national pavilions, zoos, golf courses, etc...) all of DLR (DL & DCA) has about one or two more rides than all of WDW (depending on how you count 'rides'). However, WDW has more E-Tickets. WDW didn't fill up on half a dozen children's dark rides but built bigger rides instead.

By 2022, WDW will wind up with one or two more rides than DLR, and, WDW will have 25 E-Tickets while DLR will have 20.
Wow. So impressive. For a resort that sees way more than double Disneyland Resort's attendance, there should be over 40 E-tickets at WDW. Keep the narrative going though. Why do you think wait times are higher at WDW? The experience is diminished because of such a low park capacity. And for the record, the 'children's dark rides' balance out the park and allow you to do things while waiting for your fast passes. Alice in Wonderland is a great dark ride, and is not limited to 'children.'

For the record, I should have put Disneyland 'park' for clarity. I wasn't referring to Disneyland Resort as a whole, but still, the amount of investment in California Adventure is still pretty solid with Cars Land and Ariel a few years ago, and the new Marvel Land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow. So impressive. For a resort that sees way more than double Disneyland Resort's attendance, there should be over 40 E-tickets at WDW. Keep the narrative going though. Why do you think wait times are higher at WDW? The experience is diminished because of such a low park capacity. And for the record, the 'children's dark rides' balance out the park and allow you to do things while waiting for your fast passes. Alice in Wonderland is a great dark ride, and is not limited to 'children.'

For the record, I should have put Disneyland 'park' for clarity. I wasn't referring to Disneyland Resort as a whole, but still, the amount of investment in California Adventure is still pretty solid with Cars Land and Ariel a few years ago, and the new Marvel Land.

You still have less E-tickets in Anaheim than Orlando.

David1111

You still have less E-tickets in Anaheim than Orlando.
WHO CARES. THERE ARE DOUBLE THE PARKS. Attendance is more than double. Guest experience is significantly lower because of a really low average. There should be double the E-tickets, and frankly even more because of how popular the parks are in Orlando. UOR even has a better average per park than what Disney considers 'their best'. I like Disney World for exploring the resorts and all that, but the park experience is significantly less.

You literally refuse to critique TDO here and Universal on those forums too. Factually, a lesser ride count hurts the experience. What are you trying to argue? What next?

I bet you're going to continue arguing for literally nothing and think of something clever to say like you always do. Have fun.

Bocabear

You can count the E tickets and you can count the attractions, but the fact remains that Walt Disney World should have WAY more rides and attractions than the smaller half-scale park on the other side of the country... WDW was built to be the newest biggest best representation of the Disney Theme Park... then they just stopped adding and trying... So now they are trying to add some stuff which is great, but none of these are exclusive...they are continuing to add and build to the California parks as well. I sure get David1111's point...and I do not understand why TDO continues to be so cheap with their additions while they are the most visited theme park resort on the planet.

ImperfectPixie

You can count the E tickets and you can count the attractions, but the fact remains that Walt Disney World should have WAY more rides and attractions than the smaller half-scale park on the other side of the country... WDW was built to be the newest biggest best representation of the Disney Theme Park... then they just stopped adding and trying... So now they are trying to add some stuff which is great, but none of these are exclusive...they are continuing to add and build to the California parks as well. I sure get David1111's point...and I do not understand why TDO continues to be so cheap with their additions while they are the most visited theme park resort on the planet.
I get @David1111 's point, too. But we have to keep in mind that there are different teams running each coast, likely with different visions and methods of managing each of the resorts/parks.

Last edited:

N2dru

I think David1111 is just saying MK park should have just as many if not more E tickets than DL park. Yes as a whole WDW has more e tickets than DLR. However comparing the two castle parks, its heavily skewed towards DL. Even more with Galaxy's Edge coming online. There is a reason attractions like the JC and POTC sport hour long queues on even moderate days at the MK. Its because there are less attractions to soak up the crowds. DL offers a lot more non e ticket attractions like the Canoes, Storybook Land Canal Boats, Alice in Wonderland etc to help distribute the crowds. There's no reason for MK's JC to sport an hour wait even on less busy days (even though it is popular). Its because there are less attractions to pull guests too. DL's JC is popular too but rarely sport an hour long queue.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom