News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

alissafalco

First time poster and can't believe I havnt seen this site before.

People are saying they want Mystic Manor and new Pirates. I don't see how this will happen. Both are great rides and old and nostalgic rides. An update would most likely confuse the wider public. Where Tron looks cool, is a great ride and fits into The new tomorrowland.

I suppose In the future Pirates might get an upgrade. As they'll never do it at DLR. but I would be disappointed if I missed it in my trip.
Welcome, and do yourself a favor, start following @marni1971 on here. He is awesome and knows it all!!!!

raven

Can't believe there's still negativity flowing through these threads when we've got TRON, Guardians replacement for EEA, Mickey ride, Star Wars land, Ratatouille and more... this is the most investment WDW has gotten since its fourth gate. Can we just enjoy this moment and get a bit excited?!! I'm not completely satisfied with how some of these additions will fit into the parks myself, but at this stage my focus is on the level of investment we're getting which deserves some serious hype!
A lot the negativity is coming from @Madame Medusa who just joined here yesterday and has made over 80 posts already on all the news. Just check out the posts he's made so far. :rolleyes:

Madame Medusa

A lot the negativity is coming from @Madame Medusa who just joined here yesterday and has made over 80 posts already on all the news. Just check out the posts he's made so far. :rolleyes:
This is roughly your tenth post about me where you've lied. I've praised almost all of the big projects announced (Star Wars, Mickey, and Guardians) so just drop it. There are things I don't like as well but that applies to everyone.

lazyboy97o

Outside of them being coasters, I really think folks are over-reacting. We have two coasters in Fantasyland, 2 E's in Frontierland and Adventureland. Folks seem to randomly create goalposts and freak out when Disney doesnt score.
TRON Lightcycle Power Run was created as Shanghai Disneyland’s version of Space Mountain. That is not some arbitrary goalpost, it is a fact of the attraction’s creation.

raven

This is roughly your tenth post about me where you've lied. I've praised almost all of the big projects announced (Star Wars, Mickey, and Guardians) so just drop it. There are things I don't like as well but that applies to everyone.
Really? I lied?

Hmm, all of this negativity from you is recent from the last time I called you out on the same thing just hours ago:
They're too late after so many years of being lazy so its frustrating that we have to wait, but they're serious about it now. We should be getting something new every year for at least the next 8-10 years. That clearly hasn't been the case lately.

New Fantasyland and Pandora took so long because they were the first phases when they finally decided to get their act together. They probably announced them too soon, but they had to prove they were doing something to counteract Universal's expansions.

You've got to be kidding me.

Well there are risks of someone falling out or an entire gondola falling as well.

I still think people should think twice about riding if they're sensitive to heat or high risk for heat stroke.

djkidkaz

Also curious how Disney will explain Tron to the majority of people who don't have a clue what it is. Is the franchise much more popular over in china and that's why they created it in the first place?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Also curious how Disney will explain Tron to the majority of people who don't have a clue what it is. Is the franchise much more popular over in china and that's why they created it in the first place?
I don't know if it really matter for those that don't get it. They will just see it as another coaster, like Space Mountain.

Madame Medusa

Really? I lied?

Hmm, all of this negativity from you is recent from the last time I called you out on the same thing just hours ago:
And?

I didn't say I was never negative, but I've been very positive about certain projects too so why don't you quote those? Besides, the first quote was meant to be positive. I'm saying they're improving after being so dreadful the last ten years, and that things should be moving more quickly than they have in the past. How could anyone argue with that?

I've seen you complaining about certain things too. Get over it.

Enough of your personal attacks and back to the topic at hand - TRON.

raven

And?

I didn't say I was never negative, but I've been very positive about certain projects too so why don't you quote those?

I've seen you complaining about certain things too. Get over it.

Enough of your personal attacks and back to the topic at hand - TRON.
But you have already stated that you don't even like the new Tron attraction. So why are you here still trying to beat it to death?

The only "negative" thing I've said, that you claim, is that DHS should take the "studios" name out of their title because it isn't a working studio anymore.

I don't know who you are or what your secret agenda is, but when you are only hours into your membership here and you spout all of this negativity on the biggest news that WDW has had in years, you don't make a good impression on anyone.

STITCHGEFAN

Tron's arrival perhaps hints at a big change to Tomorrowland next, too.

Magic Kingdom developments have moved clockwise around the park since 2003, going all the way back to Philharmagic. MI and SGE are exceptions admittedly - albeit SGE was a makeover - but since then they've developed the park in a loop. HM got a makeover in '07 - again- not exactly clockwise but near enough - then there was the FL expansion.

Tron continues that trend. Could be coincidence and you have to excuse the two Tomorrowland rides to believe it, but if Speedway is to get the upgrade it's a pretty strong pattern that hints at TL getting some upgrades post 2021.

For what it's worth, I think any new addition like this is great and will take the strain off Space Mountain to get some TLC once it arrives.

Last edited:

Lora Baines Bradley

Or if anything gets built at all...

...why would this not get built? Disney announced this at its namesake convention to mostly positive response. There isn't negative pushback, at least not on the scale of Mission Breakout. There is no reason for Disney to not do this now. It's public information. Am I missing something? Does Disney have a recent track record of announcing things and then not going through with them?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
...why would this not get built? Disney announced this at its namesake convention to mostly positive response. There isn't negative pushback, at least not on the scale of Mission Breakout. There is no reason for Disney to not do this now. It's public information. Am I missing something? Does Disney have a recent track record of announcing things and then not going through with them?
@ford91exploder has a track record of posting such things. He says the same same about Star Wars, which we can see being built before our very eyes.

It will get built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom