News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

LOL the speedway is literally in the Tron concept art.

Use your eyes

Tron_Full_30589.jpg
I don't know, it looks like the old motorboat S at DL to me!

Captain Neo

What's up with that mountain on the left side of the Tron building where the train is? Is that rock work that will cover up the building and make a back drop for the train?

dm11

I am extremely excited about this project. The funny thing is that all negative comments and concerns are actually true, but it still does not matter to me. "Ride is short" - true, but it is a launched coaster and thrilling and those are generally short. "It's a clone" - again, true, but so what? It's a great ride. I would probably never ride it in China; I am for sure going to ride it in MK. "It's another IP" - well, yes, but does it really matter? In any case, it doesn't to me (at least not much and not in this ride). "It looks out of space in Tomorrowland" - this one is actually a positive :). It looks better than the rest of the land. It gives me hope that Disney will significantly plus the land and our insiders have heavily hinted toward that.

I am actually very curious how far they will go with reinvigorating the land. Some things are obvious, like Space Mountain refurb and something, anything with Speedway, and I don't doubt they'll do them. But will they go far enough? For example, will they extend PeopleMover to include Tron? PeopleMover is one of my favorite underrated attractions and such extension plus some refurb love could really bring it up.

Daveeeeed

I am extremely excited about this project. The funny thing is that all negative comments and concerns are actually true, but it still does not matter to me. "Ride is short" - true, but it is a launched coaster and thrilling and those are generally short. "It's a clone" - again, true, but so what? It's a great ride. I would probably never ride it in China; I am for sure going to ride it in MK. "It's another IP" - well, yes, but does it really matter? In any case, it doesn't to me (at least not much and not in this ride). "It looks out of space in Tomorrowland" - this one is actually a positive :). It looks better than the rest of the land. It gives me hope that Disney will significantly plus the land and our insiders have heavily hinted toward that.

I am actually very curious how far they will go with reinvigorating the land. Some things are obvious, like Space Mountain refurb and something, anything with Speedway, and I don't doubt they'll do them. But will they go far enough? For example, will they extend PeopleMover to include Tron? PeopleMover is one of my favorite underrated attractions and such extension plus some refurb love could really bring it up.
I agree. Peoplemover is as important to me as doing Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. It's outdated yes, and some dark ride scenes (whether an IP like Stitch or unique) would make it feel fresh. But it is so much fun, and so relaxing.

NearTheEars

Never say it's coming until it's built, but I will say they are not planning to add attractions and leave a hodgepodge of styles. Don't expect major changes to the show buildings of iconic attractions, but once things are complete it will all look nice together.

I would assume the new carousel paint job won't fit in too well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom