News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

BubbaisSleep

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. I’ve been on over 300 coasters, Veliciocoaster is in my top ten steel coasters, despite my heavy preference towards hyper/giga airtime machines (for which it is not.)
I just had my first trip to Cedar Point and I was shocked how many conversations I heard of the general public comparing everything to Velocicoaster.

bhg469

With 6 months to Tron and slow progress I can say the one two combo of Hagrid's/Velocicoaster was the second best addition to Universal after the Hogwart's express selling P2P. They have a long term plan and it pays
It kind of blows my mind that there is a significant amount of coaster track laid down at epic universe right now as well.

bhg469

You know building the box is what takes all the time.......
Plenty of vertical construction as well.. I really like to drive by and see more and more stuff go up. There is a pretty big berm that blocks my view but I can still see quite a bit. I recently found out my company didn't win the bid to provide their concrete so I was pretty close to having a pass to go on site.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Latest TRON pics

Tron_Full_48888.jpg

J4546

i think for design and also maybe to prevent cracking as it settles. also its nice to see they are making a doorway for the giant staircase coming off the walkway....i still wonder what that view is gonna be of...just a bunch of backstage roads and the side of SM?

Vanderperre

A long way to go still but it's good to see train tracks.
Not sure there is such a long way… They already started with the tree landscaping. The concrete slabbing for the walkways is moving along nicely too. Still some railing missing, electrical connections which need to be plugged to lights, signage, some work on entrance, etc but the finish line (at least for the external work) looks more and more in sight. Still optimistic that the whole thing is done by year end, with a March opening date announcement in Jan and soft opening the month after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom