News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Casper Gutman

Honestly, just go in surprised. What do you have to lose?

FWIW it's a controlled rotation and not remotely comparable to SDMT's not really present swinging. Comparisons to Crush's Coaster's random spinning in Paris were also made but CR is equally different. RNRC is also a simple off-the-shelf coaster in a box which is fun don't get me wrong, but also not comparable.

The scale of CR is also astronomical with the track well over a mile long. The Gravity Building alone is over 2x the volume of Spaceship Earth and it is fully used with even some sets but mostly massive (I mean massive) projections along the walls.

No inversions, but it's easily the best coaster Disney has built and like Hagrid's, it wouldn't benefit from them for what it sets out to do. The rotational motion is also used to make curves more intense in such a unique way in addition to the novelty of turning sideways or flipping the direction of travel. There is absolutely nothing like it and it's definitely a groundbreaking attraction. Even the pacing is phenomenal.
Cosmic Rewind is just as much an "off-the-shelf coaster in a box" as RnRC - its literally a pre-existing concept Disney bought from Vekoma, which also designed the coaster. Experts can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a version of the tech is already in use in Phantasialand.

lazyboy97o

Cosmic Rewind is just as much an "off-the-shelf coaster in a box" as RnRC - its literally a pre-existing concept Disney bought from Vekoma, which also designed the coaster. Experts can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a version of the tech is already in use in Phantasialand.
Cosmic Rewind is not an off-the-shelf coaster. Rock-N-Rollercoaster uses a layout that Vekoma offered for sale to others and was built once outside of a Disney park. Cosmic Rewind’s layout is unique and custom designed for the project.

The rotation technology is based on technology Vekoma developed for their latest version of the flying coaster, and did conceive of it being used for storytelling, it was not sold as a flying or seated coaster.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Cosmos Rewind is not an off-the-shelf coaster. Rock-N-Rollercoaster uses a layout that Vekoma offered for sale to others and was built once outside of a Disney park. Cosmic Rewind’s layout is unique and custom designed for the project.

The rotation technology is based on technology Vekoma developed for their latest version of the flying coaster, and did conceive of it being used for storytelling, it was not sold as a flying or seated coaster.
I'm happy to be corrected. Out of curiosity, where was the RnRC design used outside of a Disney park?

lazyboy97o

J4546

new pics from biorecontruct twitter show some interesting lighting detail in train tunnel going under tron, looks like it will be themed a bit
it would be cool although almost certainly not happening, if they made the windows in the tunnel look out into a diorama scene of a futuristic city or something instead of what looks to be a view of support beams and such

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

I’ve noticed that several articles have referred to this attraction as Tron Lightcycle/Run instead of Tron Lightcycle Power Run. Has the name or stylization of the name been changed?

lazyboy97o

I think those bars might be something else like sprinklers.

Also... I wasn’t expecting this tunnel to have windows! Interesting.
Yeah, the fixtures above don’t seem like they would provide much light given the way they are angled. Whatever it is is much more robust than typical sprinklers, but a more robust system would make sense if you’re trying to extinguish a locomotive.

TrainsOfDisney

Yeah, the fixtures above don’t seem like they would provide much light given the way they are angled. Whatever it is is much more robust than typical sprinklers, but a more robust system would make sense if you’re trying to extinguish a locomotive.
I was also thinking the boxes might be fans to help ventilate? Just a guess though.

Unbanshee

I’ve noticed that several articles have referred to this attraction as Tron Lightcycle/Run instead of Tron Lightcycle Power Run. Has the name or stylization of the name been changed?

Disney has been using that naming convention since 2019

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom