News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

JoeCamel

The hole in the center is to let the exhaust and steam out....
The peoplemover went down right as I was about to get on to take photos of tron. Not sure if it’ll come back online today, there were a few firefighters and a Disney security guy up by the load platform. Hopefully it’s nothing serious.
Part of the new upgrade to prevent guests from taking pics of backstage areas.
There was no tunnel there before. I know it has been speculated here that there would be a tunnel, but I don't know we are sure about that.
Naw, they left the hole
View attachment 568003
The speculation comes from the concept art Disney released a few years back. We just don't know if it's gotten the axe since then.
They left the hole.....
If there were no tunnel, some of the guests on TRON would be getting a face full of steam engine steam.

Ride TRON... it's good for your pores!
No steambath, they left the hole 😂 😂 😂 😂 :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Captain Barbossa

There will definitely be something to prevent Tron riders from getting covered with smoke/soot from the locomotives. Whether it’s going to be a tunnel or some other type of covering, no one knows at the moment.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm of the opinion it will ABSOLUTELY be the case. Disney has to understand the importance of the WDWRR. So I'm sure it's a priority. 3 months to go!
I’m going to guess we will get a live steam train “arriving” at Main Street with characters on October 1.

They can do a short back up move and pull into the station a few times. Could do the same thing at fantasyland too. October 1 is going to be busy and they will want to have special stuff like that happening and it would be super easy to do.

EricsBiscuit

From yesterday:
478A6E60-A8BC-4FAB-967C-D4E5DE0D48E7.jpeg
2934AB23-A5B8-4277-83EC-50056F57365D.jpeg
3FBA9958-DD5B-4BDF-8A3E-035B1BAA8E03.jpeg
27BC95F2-7187-41E0-9534-852B649C5910.jpeg

G00fyDad

If it was going to be a true, underground tunnel, they would have built it by now. So it's either just going to be exposed track, or track with a covering put overtop.

I was thinking that it was already built when they were doing the groundwork prep for this attraction. But I guess not. Hopefully it will at least be covered above ground.

SplashJacket

The hole in the center is to let the exhaust and steam out....

Part of the new upgrade to prevent guests from taking pics of backstage areas.

Naw, they left the hole

They left the hole.....

No steambath, they left the hole 😂 😂 😂 😂 :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
In the canopy in your diagram of the pathway
The "hole" you're talking about is not a hole. It is exactly the same in Shanghai, where the "hole" (not a hole) is also present.
1625256008497.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom