News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

Sure, given the landscaping stays that way (including the sign) and the fencing I imagine you're right.

That's likely to happen, I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
Where exactly would they put all of this landscaping? Right behind that fence is a drop off to a retention pond. There's some room further south but that would require larger and taller trees in a small area immediately adjacent to the canopy. The existing foliage could be removed but it would have made more sense to already do that so that irrigation could be supplied to the site and everything ready and stabilized for when the railroad is reinstalled.

corran horn

I see your point but I also see how they have left Avatar show buildings in full guest view when arriving by Disney Transportation.

Hopefully they will add proper landscaping if only so I can get good photos of the trains... that path is the best place to watch trains since they have to work up the little grade there.
You could always see backstage from outside the park.

Where exactly would they put all of this landscaping? Right behind that fence is a drop off to a retention pond. There's some room further south but that would require larger and taller trees in a small area immediately adjacent to the canopy. The existing foliage could be removed but it would have made more sense to already do that so that irrigation could be supplied to the site and everything ready and stabilized for when the railroad is reinstalled.

You buried the lede - they haven't even reinstalled the railroad. This area will change substantially still.

lazyboy97o

You buried the lede - they haven't even reinstalled the railroad. This area will change substantially still.
They have not reinstalled the track but they have been working on the bed. It wouldn't make sense to leave the landscaping, especially since it is such a narrow, sloped plot and larger plants would require a larger area. If the plan was to add significant landscaping then they would have provided a place to put said landscaping.

corran horn

They have not reinstalled the track but they have been working on the bed. It wouldn't make sense to leave the landscaping, especially since it is such a narrow, sloped plot and larger plants would require a larger area. If the plan was to add significant landscaping then they would have provided a place to put said landscapin
I guess we'll see. The point is, the area is unfinished. That isn't in dispute.

Select areas yes. Not like this. Not “always”.

And backstage was more often than not designed to look like onstage. Theres a reason why Space Mountain was designed to be seen from any direction.

You always could from World Drive. You always could from the Monorail. You always could from the Contemporary. Hell, the Skyway made it absolutely plain to be seen.

Soarin is pretty glaring from some vantage points and nobody mentions that.

(They kept damn Food & Wine booths in the Epcot parking lot for pete's sake.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wait... Tron is a sci-fi movie?!?! Thanks, Josh.

tenor.gif

I would actually argue that Tron is a fantasy movie, instead of sci-fi.

lazyboy97o

I guess we'll see. The point is, the area is unfinished. That isn't in dispute.
If the area was going to be part of the project site it would likely be behind a construction fence. It doesn't make sense to put off work that would involve site work and impacts water management.

corran horn

1610058343727.png

This is a picture I took of that same area at the end of November 2019 when I had similar questions. (A few months later was the last time we went. And yeah, we're not going back until things are cleared up a little.) What I'm saying is...I don't know that what it currently looks like is what it'll stay like. Time will tell.

lazyboy97o

View attachment 522696

This is a picture I took of that same area at the end of November 2019 when I had similar questions. (A few months later was the last time we went. And yeah, we're not going back until things are cleared up a little.) What I'm saying is...I don't know that what it currently looks like is what it'll stay like. Time will tell.
Time has already told us a lot. You’re essentially expecting an entirely new project to pop up after it made sense for it to start.
im guessing they will have a lot of trees blocking the view, but we shall see
Planted where?

yensidtlaw1969

Sure, given the landscaping stays that way (including the sign) and the fencing I imagine you're right.

That's likely to happen, I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
I mean, it's not looking good that they're gonna do the legwork. We haven't had any indication from anyone who would know that they plan on hiding the building, and nothing on the ground shows any stirrings of it.

What @lazyboy97o says about the grading in that area is true, it grades down significantly from the Storybook Circus level on the other side of the tracks. Not to mention that the Barnstormer queue grades UP in a significant way over Storybook Circus' level. Plants would have to be VERY tall to be placed on the low-grade outside the tracks and still block the elevated views inside the park.

Here's a pic I took in August of the view from up in the Barnstormer Queue, it better shows how things step down from there outside the park:
IMG_9952.jpg

That said, my whole point in posting the other pic was to show to the people who have been saying that the Canopy will block the building how much it simply won't be doing that.

IMDREW

Is a berm with trees and stuff that expensive? I know they decided against it in Shanghai which only could have been about the money..

yensidtlaw1969

Is a berm with trees and stuff that expensive? I know they decided against it in Shanghai which only could have been about the money..
It's not cheap. But even if it was, it costs more than doing nothing, which tends to be the crux of the problem these days (when it comes to exposed showbuildings). Why spend the money to solve a "problem" if they don't consider it a problem?

Hopefully it proves to be true that they're going to do SOMETHING.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom