News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

J4546

to each their own. i respect your opinion but to me subs is the worst ride in the park hands down, autopia is the 2nd worst. the amount of space they take up for the 2 worst rides to me, would be better served as a fantasy land expansion.

TrainsOfDisney

to each their own. i respect your opinion but to me subs is the worst ride in the park hands down, autopia is the 2nd worst. the amount of space they take up for the 2 worst rides to me, would be better served as a fantasy land expansion.
Oh wow... I absolutely love the subs! Still... can’t we use the space over at DCA? Then we are both happy! :)

Brer Oswald

Bring Shanghai here, build it on the expansion plot and put something else where pirate's is now. Why not its only money right?
Or, build an area Based on the movies, with a ride focusing on the supernatural aspects of the film (rather than the pillaging and plundering), and move the movie stuff out of the current ride?

Now you have a massively popular attraction based on Jack Sparrow, and a less popular, cohesive supporting attraction with the original.

UNCgolf

It’s strangely somehow better than the little mermaid ride though...

Oh it's definitely better than the Little Mermaid ride. So is basically everything, though.

FEA isn't terrible; it's just too short (a function of shoehorning in to that existing space). It also feels like they were roughly halfway done constructing it and then just stopped and said "eh, that's good enough".

UNCgolf

I wish I knew what got cut from the backwards let it go section.

Yeah. I think basically every scene in the ride is too empty/lacking detailed theming, but that's definitely the most egregious section and the one I had in mind. Just a bunch of projections of snowflakes on the walls.

I wonder if they spent too much on the AAs (which are very good) and didn't have enough left over to actually flesh out the ride.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Yeah. I think basically every scene in the ride is too empty/lacking detailed theming, but that's definitely the most egregious section and the one I had in mind. Just a bunch of projections of snowflakes on the walls.

I wonder if they spent too much on the AAs (which are very good) and didn't have enough left over to actually flesh out the ride.

the worst part is that first scene after the lift,, empty, and too big of space for just a twirling pointless snowman and nothing else, it looks so fake, flat, its gray walls is all it is. When you compare that to what was there before with colorful black lit scenes that trasnsported you into another time and place that surrounded you, its just bad now. They put no effort up there at all, even in the next adjoining scene there is nothing, yes the animatronics are there but that's it, they don't even bother with atmosphere or props anymore. oh never mind this is the tron thread after all, I could just keep going on if I dont stop....sorry folks we return to the regularly scheduled topic....

Dan Deesnee

I was on it recently. It's just too frigging dark. The ice palace is dark, the ice is dark, it just feels like they kept the lights low because they cheaped out on everything.

MadTeacup

My understanding is that most of the cuts on FEA had very little to with budget and had a lot to do with the challenges of re-skinning an existing attraction. They were also (unsucessfully) trying to get it ready to open in a very short amount of time. The re-skin and the timeline resulted in cuts.

_caleb

Do we know why Disney went with this lovely exterior design instead of the single-color light blue used in Shanghai? I’m assuming the exterior panels are otherwise the same.

Jones14

Do we know why Disney went with this lovely exterior design instead of the single-color light blue used in Shanghai? I’m assuming the exterior panels are otherwise the same.
I think there was probably a desire to make the building look a little bit nicer, since it’s proven to be more visible than the concept art suggests both here and in Shanghai.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom