News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Giss Neric

I think Tron will still open in time for the 50th next year considering how swift their progress was even before the closures. The rollercoaster portion is done. All they need is to do is the theming inside the show building, the queue, and the outside landscape.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
wasn't steampunk to begin with

I don't remember gears being prominently featured in the retro 50s and 60s Sci Fi films.

The future don't need no stinkin' gears... unless it's a futurized version of current industrial tech which is full of gears. Doesn't literally have to be powered by steam, just inspired by its machinery.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Steampunk is a retrofuturistic subgenre of science fiction or science fantasy that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery. 🙂

Correct, things like Jules Verne and HG Wells era themed areas are steampunk, such as Mysterious Island in DisneySea or Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris

Seanual757

I think Tron will still open in time for the 50th next year considering how swift their progress was even before the closures. The rollercoaster portion is done. All they need is to do is the theming inside the show building, the queue, and the outside landscape.

Lots of concrete needs to be poured if I recall around 8k-10k yards. It will get done allot of other projects will be remain on hold even ones under construction that are NOT in the view of guests like the SW hotel good chance that will be postponed.

JEANYLASER

It's Tron Construction is not cancelled or Delayed Please tell me it's Tron Construction is not cancelled or delayed?:confused:

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Hey Martin, just wondering were there ever any different plans where Tron was in a different location or there was a plan not to destroy the forced perspective of SM?
Tron coaster was first going in Futureworld. Then DHS.
There was also the earlier co-financing proposal where the attraction would have been developed for Shanghai Disneyland and Magic Kingdom simultaneously with the attraction located behind Main Street, USA. Since this was before the design work was really done it would not have been the design that was eventually built in either park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom