Trip Report: Tokyo Disneyland Resort & Tour of Parts of Japan 2024

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Here’s a dubious observation: I haven’t found a single trash can anywhere in the entire lobby of the ambassador. I even went out front and still can’t find a trash can.
As a hunch only, I wonder if they did have trash receptacles -- but perhaps they were discretely designed, to somehow blend in with the interior design of the lobby, etc.?

ZapperZ

Original Poster
As a hunch only, I wonder if they did have trash receptacles -- but perhaps they were discretely designed, to somehow blend in with the interior design of the lobby, etc.?
I did try to see if they were part of the decor, but a few items that I thought might be it were not. Besides, why would one blend in a trash can to the extent that the guests don't know that those are trash cans?

Maybe I'll ask a cast member today if one of them is not busy.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning!

Disney Sea will be our first park this morning. It is walking distance from the Ambassador, and we intend to use the "Happy Entry" privilege to enter the park early. I think our first attraction that we will go for will be Tower of Terror. It's one of my most favorite attraction at WDW, and I want to compare it with the one here.

We have lunch reservation at SS Columbia where we will meet up with the rest of our party.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
It is a rainy start to our day, but the vegetation outside of our room is so lush in this light rain.
IMG_0678.jpeg

cjkeating

Left our luggage’s at the resort welcome center. We can now wander around.
Can I ask what this service offers? Do they just keep hold of your luggage whilst you look around or will they transfer it to your hotel?
Here’s a dubious observation: I haven’t found a single trash can anywhere in the entire lobby of the ambassador. I even went out front and still can’t find a trash can.
I believe in Japanese culture you are expected to take your rubbish home with you. Another cultural thing is not eating or drinking and walking so I don’t expect they generate too much rubbish to dispose of.

Obviously this rule is relaxed in the parks but in a hotel I expect you would dispose of your rubbish in your room?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom