ZapperZ

Original Poster
First meal of the trip. For breakfast, Chazuke with miso soup and oyakudon
IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good evening!

We are still nursing our jetlag and decided to just chill out at our hotel for the rest of the day, so we didn't do much since we got back. It was still good riding the resort monorail and getting to see the area around Ikspiari. We now know where to check into our hotel tomorrow and leave our luggage while we explore the area some more.

Still, we have a couple of first impressions:

• The politeness of the Japanese people is not a myth. They truly are one of the most polite group of people that I've ever encountered. And their service to the guests are unparalleled. When was the last time you arrive at a public transportation station and the employees working there bow as you walk by?
  • I'm a bit surprised that the Imagineers designing various attractions at Tokyo Disneyland parks are not concerned about hiding or camouflaging the attraction buildings that could easily be seen from the monorail. Riding the Disney resort line, one can clearly see the back of many of the park buildings plainly exposed, something that they try to hide or camouflage in DL and WDW with varying degree of success (I see you, Expedition Everest). But at least they try. Here, I don't think they even tried.

That doesn't diminish the excitement of our upcoming park days.

We also did some shopping today, but only at the two Disney gift stores at both the Ambassador Hotel and here at the Hilton. Didn't buy anything at the Disney Store in Ikspiari, but we will be going back there tomorrow and again on the 21st since there will be a merchandise release that we want on that day,.

Tomorrow we transfer to the Ambassador Hotel and will get our first view of the Donald Duck room there, especially it being "up-themed" during the Donald Quacky City thingy.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
We've been packing our stuff back into our luggage as we are getting ready to check out and take the resort train to Disney Welcome center to check in to the Ambassador Hotel. Luckily, we haven't bought much at this point, so luggage isn't that much different than when we got here a couple of days ago.

However, I have a feeling that will change starting tomorrow when our first park entrance will be to Tokyo's DisneySea.

Our friends who had been doing HK Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland will be flying in this evening and the whole group will once again be together tomorrow morning.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom