Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@donaldtoo I'll take your Pflugerville and give you Seward Alaska.

View attachment 785659

We are leaving tonight for Anchorage for a cruise out of Seward. Now I know it will be beautiful and I'll love every minute of it but I am not looking forward to the cold!! The average temps I can handle but they've had some storms and colder weather the past couple of weeks. Send me some of that sunshine!

I saw those temps and thought wow - that’s hot for Alaska (then realized I was thinking in C and these were in F 🤣)

rshell68

View attachment 785659

We are leaving tonight for Anchorage for a cruise out of Seward. Now I know it will be beautiful and I'll love every minute of it but I am not looking forward to the cold!! The average temps I can handle but they've had some storms and colder weather the past couple of weeks. Send me some of that sunshine!
Have an awesome trip!!!

cgersic

View attachment 785659

Have a great time!!!! Hoping we get a little report out of it? I'd take that daytime 45 right now for sure!

donaldtoo

View attachment 785659

How’s this (not sure where they’re gettin’ the fog from, as I see sunshine…!)…?!!! :)

05D1DCD4-38C0-49E8-AEA6-9DDE09E433A8.jpeg

Despite the cold, I hope y’all enjoy y’all’s cruise…!!! 🛳️:)

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 785659

Have a great cruise and you know we are going to need some pictures right?!

Songbird76

@Swissmiss , I'm curious, because both of my kids are doing exams this year to graduate, and if I remember correctly, you are also originally from the US and moved to a European country. How different is the school system there from the US? It's a whole different animal here, and exams are....wow. It's been in the news all week here because it seems some of the exams are the hardest they have ever been, and my two seem to be getting the brunt of the difficulty, though they are both saying they think they did pretty well. So I was just curious if the schools there are as different from what we did as they are here?

donaldtoo

Watchin’ the Astros/Brewers game with MIL right now, as she loves the Astros.
The ball inadvertently, and gently ;), dropped out of the Brewers catchers mitt into the dirt behind home plate. He turned to the plate ump and traded it for a new ball…!!!!! 🤣
I Googled, and the average number of baseballs gone through in an MLB game these days is about 100, at $20 a pop (2K per game isn’t even remotely close to too much of a financial hit for an MLB team), provided by the home team.
When I was playin’ ball as a kid, and into my teen years, unless somethin’ crazy happened, we pretty much used the same ball for the whole game…!!!!! 😅

LeighM

I am so sorry...I remember you mentioning the postponed trips on account of your dog. While he's at rest now, you will take some time to heal. I hope your long-awaited WDW trip will offer some ease.

Can you share a photo of Pip?

This is Pip from his better days. He's made a few appearances in some other of my trip reports.

IMG_3633.jpg

My vacation took a few wild, unexpected turns. It definitely wasn't the vacation I had planned on and not really the vacation I wanted or needed. But it had good moments. I'm debating on whether to do a trip report on this one.

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
This is Pip from his better days. He's made a few appearances in some other of my trip reports.

View attachment 786322

My vacation turn a few wild, unexpected turns. It definitely wasn't the vacation I had planned on and not really the vacation I wanted or needed. But it had good moments. I'm debating on whether to do a trip report on this one.
Please do!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
So, I just bought my husband's Father's Day present:

He's a bourbon man
That is so cool 😎

Thanks for sharing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So, I just bought my husband's Father's Day present:

He's a bourbon man

That is pretty cool. My husband likes bourbon as well and the connection to Field of Dreams would have enhanced it for him. But it is sold out now and I don't know if I would have paid that price. I hope your husband likes it.

amjt660

Premium Member
@Zipadeelady
Have a great trip!!

Freezing Steve Martin GIF

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom