Trip Planning/Report... 3/29-4/7 2013

disneysince71

This is my first draft for our planning of our first of 5 visits to WDW in 2013. Yes I am a horrible planner... and I did not even get my first ADR until today. But we visit a lot and the truth is I am happy by the pool as long as I am in Walt Disney World. :) WE have 4 kids 10,15,17,19 all of which are I am happy to say getting to come with us on this trip... :) WE are RESORT HOPPING (by choice) 3 times. Any POSTIVE impute is greatly appreciated.. :)

Day 1 Leave NC at 12:00 Midnight arrive at 8:00 A.M at the Boardwalk Villas-
Spend most of the day relaxing by the pool. Unpacking and picking up groceries for the week.
Evening at Epcot.. We will walk on over and find a CS to eat at. Looking for suggestions... :)
Day 2 Headed to Hollywood Studios. No ADRs Yet.. Still deciding if we will do a CS or not. Dinner at Beaches and Cream.. No after dinner plans yet.
Day 3 (This is where most people I know think my vacation planning is nuts!) We are going to switch Resorts and head to Saratoga Springs. Morning we will relax then head to Earl of Sandwich for a Late Lunch. Go over to Disney Quest for a little while.. then head to Magic Kingdom.
Day 4 Day Water park- CS lunch. Evening- By request from my daughters I am Bringing my 15 and 17 year old daughters to Cinderella's Castle for a Late Dinner (9:35) ouch!!. Note to planners don't wait til you are 6 weeks out... :(
Day 5 Animal Kingdom in the A.M - Dinner Trails End Restaurant Buffet for dinner. My kids love this place.. and the Boat ride over. No plans after.
Day 6 Epcot for the day.. Monorail to MK then dinner at Ohana (8:55) again don't wait until 6 weeks out! :)
Day 7 Free Day.
Day 8 Hotel Hop again... to my favorite Resort Beach Club. Dinner on BW or S&D
Day 9 Free day. May even stay by the pool and go to a HS in the evening.
Day 10. Check out.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I had no idea what this was, so Iooked it up on the internetz. Sounds wonderful. In case you don't know -

flattened cake on a stick, covered in chocolate or candy coating. Wow!

IMG_3123-412x550.jpg
See this the kind of thing if someone behind the counter asks me "What can I get you sir..." I just stand their drooling and pointing...and just say "yes".

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
Good Morning friends! We just checked out of the Hampton Davenport. If anyone needs a off properly resort... I would definetly recommend. Orlando makes me feel uncomfortable and Davenport had a small town feel... With a mall... Lol... Headed down 192 to get a couple things at Wal-Mart and hopefully put the suitcase fiasco behind us.. Then headed to Boardwalk Villas for the weekend... Will check back in later... Thank you for all the well wishes!!! :)

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
OMG! Good luck I hope everything is on sale! I almost couldn't breathe even thinking about it! MEN:mad: You do know the groundhog was male! LOL
This is the thing... I was upset but there was nothing I could do about it.
About an hour into shopping I realized this is the FIRST time in 25 years of marriage Daryl (DH) has not nagged me when shopping!!!!
Now that was cool..... :) so all is good!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
This is the thing... I was upset but there was nothing I could do about it.
About an hour into shopping I realized this is the FIRST time in 25 years of marriage Daryl (DH) has not nagged me when shopping!!!!
Now that was cool..... :) so all is good!
Yes! Shopping without nagging is always good! Have lots of fun today! Do some shopping in the parks the no nagging rule must apply for your entire vacation!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Sounds like you're having quite the adventure!
Glad to see you're rolling with the punches on the whole luggage leave behind scenario! Impressive.
that kinda stuff throws me for a loop and that bugs me about myself. If it ain't life and death then it don't make any sense worrying another second about it. MOVE ON!

Can't wait to hear more.

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
So went to check in at Boardwalk... They did not have our reservation.... REALLY!!! I knew it had to be a Disney error because even though I am disorganized at some things... I could not have messed this up!!!! They told me to get them my confirmation number... Well luckily I had it in an email from 6 months ago! Figgy I want you to do a getting organized for Disney 101... And I can teach the what not to do part!!!
Anyway during all this I got DVC on the phone turns out I had requested to be on the waiting list to go to Beach Club and we had gotten in! I am not sure why I never received notification... And I really don't care because I get to spend the weekend at my favorite Resort!!!!! Beach Club!!!!! So now we are checked in at BC..... Resting and having lunch by the Awesome BC pool waiting for our room! It's beautiful out here. First time I have felt the sun in 4 months!!! :)

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
So went to check in at Boardwalk... They did not have our reservation.... REALLY!!! I knew it had to be a Disney error because even though I am disorganized at some things... I could not have messed this up!!!! They told me to get them my confirmation number... Well luckily I had it in an email from 6 months ago! Figgy I want you to do a getting organized for Disney 101... And I can teach the what not to do part!!!
Anyway during all this I got DVC on the phone turns out I had requested to be on the waiting list to go to Beach Club and we had gotten in! I am not sure why I never received notification... And I really don't care because I get to spend the weekend at my favorite Resort!!!!! Beach Club!!!!! So now we are checked in at BC..... Resting and having lunch by the Awesome BC pool waiting for our room! It's beautiful out here. First time I have felt the sun in 4 months!!! :)
Relax you are checked in and the worst is behind you!:) Is hubby allowed to speak yet? lol When you get home we're doing a course how to prepare for Disney! My dh laughs at the giant folders going down, guess they are not so funny now! Go and have lots of fun!!!:)

Upvote 0

Mrsdonaldduck

So left DTD and realized only 5 min from PORS time to try the magic cookie bar....!!!! So we went up to the gate and the CM said "Checking in" and I said not til tomorrow... Just want to come in for lunch and try a magic cookie bar.... His response come on in we get that all the time! So we showed our ID and came on in. I forgot how beautiful POR is. We have not stayed there in several years. It was a magical moment.... I remember pushing the triple stroller over that bridge... Before Nick was born. Beautiful resort... On we went to the food court ordered a Large Pizza and Magic Cookie bars... Not everyone was hungry. Pizza was good MCB was great!!! Worth the trip over!!!! Then we had an unforgettable moment my DH realized he forgot to pack Mine and my DD Suitcase !!!!! Oh crap!!!!! To be continued.............
You are so good! I want to be more like you! What a wonderful attitude you have!!!! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip !!!!

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
So we arrived at HS... Walked around for a few minutes and passed Writers Stop... One of my must dos this trip was a carrot cake cookie... Well stopped and got one.... Needless to say DH and I I ate the entire thing! It was so good.. We did not even think about we had dinner reservations in 30 minutes!
So on to our reservations Brown Derby was busy as usual. Food was ok/good .... But I was still thinking about that cookie!!! So we ate... Went and rode Movie Ride and then I went back and got ANOTHER Carrot Cake Cookie... Simply delicious! Back at the room for a few minutes then headed back out for EMH at MK :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom