Trip Itineraries

bmarkelon

What does everyone do to make their itineraries fun and exciting to read? I always put a lot of work into ours. Our next one I am incorporating Disney movie quotes where appropriate. Ex. After our reservation for Ohana I of course threw down the quote from Lilo and Stitch with the definition of Ohana, classic! Last year's trip I included a lot of our past memories from our trips before.
Everyone in my party always looks forward to the final draft of my trip intinerary document so we can sit and read it together. It's just one of the very many fun parts in trip planning for us.
This may sound crazy to some, I seriously go all out! But I'm sure that there are plenty of others out there that do the same or something similar. It's so helpful while we're down there, we always carry a couple of copies. It keeps us on track for our ADRs, parks and anything else planned during the trip.
:sohappy::sohappy:

disneylovin

Wow! I'm impressed! :sohappy: My itinerary is as simple as humanly possible, I can fit each day onto a small notecard and only have the park hours, EMH "special event" (IE: Star Wars WKD, Gay Days) and ADR # on it. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

Original Poster
Wow! I'm impressed! :sohappy: My itinerary is as simple as humanly possible, I can fit each day onto a small notecard and only have the park hours, EMH "special event" (IE: Star Wars WKD, Gay Days) and ADR # on it. :ROFLOL:
Thanks! I have a lot of fun working on them for each trip. I don't go as far as listing the attractions we are doing or any smaller details, just our park for the day and ADRs, kids makeovers.
Another year I just added a bunch of fun Disney clip art. My itineraries are always colorful and a big part of the excitement in planning.

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

Thanks! I have a lot of fun working on them for each trip. I don't go as far as listing the attractions we are doing or any smaller details, just our park for the day and ADRs, kids makeovers.
Another year I just added a bunch of fun Disney clip art. My itineraries are always colorful and a big part of the excitement in planning.

Can I send you my info and have you make one for me? :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

I also put a lot of time and effort into mine. I always write out each full day, filling the description of everything with true Disney jargon. I integrate where I'm planning to go that day, some highlights at the locations of choice, when I'll break for hotel R&R, as well as integrate photos from the previous year's vacation into it. It's one of my most favorite parts of planning the trip!

Glad I'm not the only one who does it!! :wave:

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

Original Poster
Can I send you my info and have you make one for me? :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Not sure if I would turn this down, hehe. I like doing them so much that people always tell me I should start doing them for others.

I also put a lot of time and effort into mine. I always write out each full day, filling the description of everything with true Disney jargon. I integrate where I'm planning to go that day, some highlights at the locations of choice, when I'll break for hotel R&R, as well as integrate photos from the previous year's vacation into it. It's one of my most favorite parts of planning the trip!

Glad I'm not the only one who does it!! :wave:
Yay, happy to hear you are into over the top itineraries too. It's so much fun. And it's nice to have as a momento for each trip as well. I like the photo idea, haven't done that yet...hmmm. I may just have to throw a couple on my next one now! :drevil:

Upvote 0

plaz10

I can't say that I do that in depth of itineraries but it sounds so fun I just might start!

My itineraries now are the days we are going....where we will start each morning, where we are eating lunch and where we are eating dinner - complete with ADR #s. They are color coded by park and lunch/dinner have their own colors as well. Nighttime shows have their own color. It's probably super confusing to the average person but I understand it:lookaroun

I usually make a side list of "Must Do" things that are usually food related that I have never had before. This upcoming trip includes: school bread, zebra domes at Mara, Citrus Swirl Dole Whip, etc...

Only 33 more days until I can put my itinerary to use!!!

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

Not sure if I would turn this down, hehe. I like doing them so much that people always tell me I should start doing them for others.

Yay, happy to hear you are into over the top itineraries too. It's so much fun. And it's nice to have as a momento for each trip as well. I like the photo idea, haven't done that yet...hmmm. I may just have to throw a couple on my next one now! :drevil:

I recommend it!!!! Fun times!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

My itineraries have always been very straightforward with just the basic info, but now that I know there's this other thing I can obsess over, I will probably make one for our next visit! Thanks for the idea :)

Upvote 0

Bri1121

We are traveling with my Uncle this time- he is Mr Disney and he will set up our itinerary and have it all typed up and printed out for us. But I will make special notes on what we personally want to do and see. We have young kids and need to do some of our own things!

So I will definitely make my own smaller ones! Planning is half the fun!

Upvote 0

Mongomil

LOL my itinerary composes of my check-in date my ADR's and our check-out date. Other than that it's do what we want when we want. Just dont miss those ADR's and we are good.

Upvote 0

Lucille

LOL my itinerary composes of my check-in date my ADR's and our check-out date. Other than that it's do what we want when we want. Just dont miss those ADR's and we are good.

That's about like us. We have a rough idea of which parks we might go to on certain days. But typically we just go where ever we're in the mood to go. On our last trip we only had 2 ADRs and the trip before that we had none. Our next trip will probably have 2 again. So it's not hard to keep track.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
What does everyone do to make their itineraries fun and exciting to read? I always put a lot of work into ours. Our next one I am incorporating Disney movie quotes where appropriate. Ex. After our reservation for Ohana I of course threw down the quote from Lilo and Stitch with the definition of Ohana, classic! Last year's trip I included a lot of our past memories from our trips before.
Everyone in my party always looks forward to the final draft of my trip intinerary document so we can sit and read it together. It's just one of the very many fun parts in trip planning for us.
This may sound crazy to some, I seriously go all out! But I'm sure that there are plenty of others out there that do the same or something similar. It's so helpful while we're down there, we always carry a couple of copies. It keeps us on track for our ADRs, parks and anything else planned during the trip.
:sohappy::sohappy:

I love this idea. Very cute! But for me, I make an itinerary on an excel spread sheet. It has about 10 pages, with a variety of themes and info. However, what I carry into the park? I have a little clear plastic case that holds something the size of a note card. And it has a little key ring on it. So I take the important info - ADR times, places and numbers, must sees for that day, shopping list for that park, etc. and I put it on the card. Then I clip it to the inside of back pack. This works best for us! I tried carrying the itinerary around with me one year and it just got all icky in the back pack.

Upvote 0

Frightful

Oh wow. When I made my daily "park guides", I thought I was going out on a limb by putting park logos and different colored headings in. Since they took so much time I swore I'd stop messing with them, but now I'm sorely tempted to add clip art... I did plan to laminate them!

My guides include the Unofficial Guide touring plan/recommended times and rest spots, some "details" or "secrets" to look for that I've learned about over the years, and notes on counter service dining--I'm a vegetarian and found going to various restaurants to look over the menu frustrating last trip, so I think I've read every single menu online since then. There are a lot of notes about pastries and adult beverages, so I guess that's the fun part?

There is also a trip-long spreadsheet with general itinerary, ADRs, hours, show times, weather, blah blah blah. No fun is involved in that one. Maybe I can put some glitter glue on it.

Upvote 0

R W B

My first trip my brother and his wife did the itineraries for everyone and it was cool and all because it was just what parks for what day with the ADRs but my last trip we were just winging it for everything and I liked that sooo much better. When I'm on vacation, I dont want a schedule, lol. If we don't get a table service meal, we dont mind quick service at all. I guess we''ll worry about ADRs on later trips.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

Original Poster
I use lots of logos and snag and grab art. I also detail it in a spreadsheet and then print to PDF and laminate.... yeah that's right I laminate!
Lamination....wow, that's fancy. I love it! :)

I love this idea. Very cute! But for me, I make an itinerary on an excel spread sheet. It has about 10 pages, with a variety of themes and info. However, what I carry into the park? I have a little clear plastic case that holds something the size of a note card. And it has a little key ring on it. So I take the important info - ADR times, places and numbers, must sees for that day, shopping list for that park, etc. and I put it on the card. Then I clip it to the inside of back pack. This works best for us! I tried carrying the itinerary around with me one year and it just got all icky in the back pack.
:wave: Your posts are always so nice. :) I like the smaller card version idea.

There is also a trip-long spreadsheet with general itinerary, ADRs, hours, show times, weather, blah blah blah. No fun is involved in that one. Maybe I can put some glitter glue on it.
:lol: NICE!!

My first trip my brother and his wife did the itineraries for everyone and it was cool and all because it was just what parks for what day with the ADRs but my last trip we were just winging it for everything and I liked that sooo much better. When I'm on vacation, I dont want a schedule, lol. If we don't get a table service meal, we dont mind quick service at all. I guess we''ll worry about ADRs on later trips.
I look forward to trips that are a little more laid back once the kids get older. For now planning is key to having the most smooth and magical vacation!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Mine is as easy as can be on 1 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper...by date, by park, adr's, special events (i.e. parades, fireworks, shows, etc) and park hours..that's it! LOL :wave:

Upvote 0

R W B

I look forward to trips that are a little more laid back once the kids get older. For now planning is key to having the most smooth and magical vacation!

Oh I understand having to plan with kids and all. Thankfully I dont have any of my own yet and its just adults on my last trip and my next one coming up.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Gee thanks guys !!! Like I don't have enough issues with my husband, now i have to add one more..he already thinks my extreme couponing is bad, my obsessiveness over this vacation, playing with different places to stay and prices of different things...NOW I have to do an inteniary..and he
HATES schedules on vacation !!!! but last year i tried the whole keep everything in my phone and we missed dinner AND Fantasmic bcuz the phone didn't change time zones...My daughter whined the whole trip about missing the Mickey Show

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom