Trip Countdowns

SweetEvangeline

I am just curious about how others on the boards count down the days until their trip. We have a countdown calendar on our i-Touch that automatically updates every day, but I also make a homemade one to hang on the fridge. I used the business card template on my computer and printed cards for every day that say ## days until Disney and include either a character or a photo from a previous trip at the top. I print them on regular paper, cut them apart and put them inside of a snack-sized ziplock baggie. We use a magnetic chip clip to hang the bag on the fridge. Every morning, we remove the top one and throw it away. It takes time to create, but its fun to see which picture is on the next day's card. We love it.

countdown.jpg

rufio

I am just curious about how others on the boards count down the days until their trip. We have a countdown calendar on our i-Touch that automatically updates every day, but I also make a homemade one to hang on the fridge. I used the business card template on my computer and printed cards for every day that say ## days until Disney and include either a character or a photo from a previous trip at the top. I print them on regular paper, cut them apart and put them inside of a snack-sized ziplock baggie. We use a magnetic chip clip to hang the bag on the fridge. Every morning, we remove the top one and throw it away. It takes time to create, but its fun to see which picture is on the next day's card. We love it.

countdown.jpg

That's so cool! I would love to see how other people countdown to Disney!

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Hmmm I just may have to make a countdown for our son. We have it on our phones, but he just may enjoy it seeing it in front of him and being able to do it himself....love the idea. Thank you for sharing.

Upvote 0

justinmb98

My family does it very simple by just putting it on our computers ... also, I typed up a paper last year that started at "42 weeks" and every Sunday we'd cross each week off, then it got down to days, starting from 10. :)

Upvote 0

Lucky

The WDW reservations site automatically makes one for you, but you have to log in again each time to get it updated.

Upvote 0

tsaintc

At the 100 day mark, my kids create a paper chain; each day has link. We hang it in our family room. Each day, They take turns removing one link.

BTW, just hit 29 days!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have a cute idea. I start the countdown after it is all paid off or under 100 days, which ever comes first. Use the paint chips from Home Depot for the Disney colors. I use scrap book numbers and put them on the Mickey shapes. Its really cute.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom