tresspassed from disney world

rsoxguy

Mr. Language Guy here to clear all of the confusing shenanigans about "trespassed". This word is not used as a noun, but rather a verb. Therefore, gentle OP, I submit to you that a more proper title would have been "Banned from Disney World", or perhaps "Issued a trespass notice at Disney World". One can trespass, but one can not be trespassed. BTW, tell the story already.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Mr. Language Guy here to clear all of the confusing shenanigans about "trespassed". This word is not used as a noun, but rather a verb. Therefore, gentle OP, I submit to you that a more proper title would have been "Banned from Disney World", or perhaps "Issued a trespass notice at Disney World". One can trespass, but one can not be trespassed. BTW, tell the story already.
I don't know about that. I was forced to watch The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D in the theater and I felt like I had been trespassed afterwards.:lol:

rainfully

Actually, that IS the terminology they use. "You have been tresspassed from Disney."

But yeah... I wouldn't mind hearing the story too! lol.

DisneySaint

A trespass from property means that Reedy Creek (or in same cases Orange County) Police placed a restraining order of sorts on you for the length of time communicated to you. No one at Disney itself will "recognize" you and remove you; however, if there were any incidents from complaining at Guest Relations to any encounter with security, you're volunteering your name and information at that point, which then opens the door.

My advice? Wait the time they told you then go back and enjoy yourself (perhaps with a bit more discression this time). You probably want to stay off-site, as well.

Club Cooloholic

I am rusty in my religion but "forgive those who who trespassed against us"

MKCP 1985

last year on a trip to disney me and my friends being stupid got tresspassed from disney they said we can come back after a year. does anyone know if i can just start coming back or do i need to get a letter saying i'm allowed back. they never gave me an address or anything to write to, so hoping can just start coming back when my year is up. hope someone knows the answer and can help me out

ha ha ha . . . sucker! There is no formal process with papers for reinstatement.

I just want to know what "got tresspassed from disney" means. Anybody?

Got kicked off property by security.

As for the "unenforceable" comment, Disney always seems to know who I am... I suppose if I changed cities, changed credit cards and phone numbers they wouldn't, but generally they keep pretty good track. :shrug:
The name tag you wear on your trips has a lot to do with that, Sherlock. :wave:

corey154

Did you get issued a trespass affidavit from a police officer? My understanding is they don't expire, therefore you are trespassed from the property for life unless Disney clears you otherwise.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The name tag you wear on your trips has a lot to do with that, Sherlock. :wave:
Granted that would apply in face-to-face scenarios, but I was talking in more general terms. :lol:

In what language?
In the parlance I have heard in use at Disney by Disney employees.

All of this discussion about inappropriate usage of the "English" language being bantered about by the denizens of the country that in its entirety is notorious for just that is mildly amusing! :animwink:

Bonemachine

All of this discussion about appropriate usage of the "English" language being bantered about by the denizens of the country that in its entirety is notorious for just that is mildly amusing! :animwink:
Read that sentence again.

You just said that we're notorious for our appropriate use of the language when you obviously didn't mean that. This board is killing me.

docdebbi

After googling "got trespassed" it's seems as though this term is used quite a bit.
just because it is common does not mean it is correct.............the english language is abused in this country! the poor nuns who taught me proper grammar in school are actually on a spit, they are rolling over in their graves so fast!

MKCP 1985

Funny to me is the observation there are more people on this topic offended at the grammar than the fact the O.P. was kicked out of the park and told not to return for a year.

"Beat me, curse me, but whatever you do, be sure to use proper speech!" :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom