Trespassing third parties

KeithVH

Original Poster
Do we already have a thread on this? See the article here.

I can see both sides though. But enforcement can't just be so arbitrary all of a sudden, can it? Does this indicate something happened that they've now categorized the risk? Or is TDO gonna try and compete in this space?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Rules/laws can be enforced at any time. Just because someone has done something for years or decades does not mean that the same opportunity will exist moving forward. Disney has the right to enforce the rules on their property. Was this a bit heavy handed, yes based on the information provided. Is there more info out there related to the situation, most likely.

Disney is already in this space. They offer individual guides for a fee.

Andrew25

Unless they're abusing DAS or something else, how different is this from using something like Touring Plans? It's essentially just Touring Plans but with your very own Len Testa in person there to physically guide you through the parks.

I can understand going after the guides who were previously abusing the DAS system, but this is a bit too extreme in my opinion.

I'd rather they go after resellers who are far worse.

Splash4eva

Unless they're abusing DAS or something else, how different is this from using something like Touring Plans? It's essentially just Touring Plans but with your very own Len Testa in person there to physically guide you through the parks.

I can understand going after the guides who were previously abusing the DAS system, but this is a bit too extreme in my opinion.

I know plenty of people in my industry who have used 3rd party tour guides and they have all skipped the lines etc on rides… ive always wondered how they were able to do it my guess definitely some usage of DAS also these were used when FP was around as well. Another thing that made me scratch my head was how they were able to do this. Im not saying CM were part of them being able to get right on rides but how else would they be able to go from ride to ride? Now i definitely was able to use my DAS and FP (now Genie) but its still impressive

Andrew25

I know plenty of people in my industry who have used 3rd party tour guides and they have all skipped the lines etc on rides… ive always wondered how they were able to do it my guess definitely some usage of DAS also these were used when FP was around as well. Another thing that made me scratch my head was how they were able to do this. Im not saying CM were part of them being able to get right on rides but how else would they be able to go from ride to ride? Now i definitely was able to use my DAS and FP (now Genie) but its still impressive
If they're using DAS, it's understandable to ban them. But if they're just really good at using Genie+/Lightning Lane... what's the harm?

If I provide the same level of information to a family member or a friend on how to best tour the parks... should I be banned?

They are profiting from Disney, that’s the issue. Disney needs to protect their intrests. However, if they just made the guest experience easy to navigate it would put these businesses out of business real quick.
Touring Plans and a bunch of other sites benefit from Disney's difficult planning, which leads me to believe the article is missing a crucial detail or two.

Splash4eva

If they're using DAS, it's understandable to ban them. But if they're just really good at using Genie+/Lightning Lane... what's the harm?

If I provide the same level of information to a family member or a friend on how to best tour the parks... should I be banned?

Touring Plans and a bunch of other sites benefit from Disney's difficult planning, which leads me to believe the article is missing a crucial detail or two.
I totally agree but they were not just good FP users… noone is paying the money being spent for that. They wouldnt really go into detail how they did it bc i had them ask which to me means it was a combo of a few things… now being able to game the system “legally” like you said is the question

rtmachine

From the article;
"The spokesperson also said there has been an uptick in abuses of the Disability Access Service and other services, which impede park operations. The spokesperson declined to provide any documentation of this increase."

Disney itself is abusing the DAS system by forcing DAS users into long lighting lane lines which defeats the benefit for those who really can't handle the lines, maybe another DAS lawsuit can help things along

AmishGuy91

From the article;
"The spokesperson also said there has been an uptick in abuses of the Disability Access Service and other services, which impede park operations. The spokesperson declined to provide any documentation of this increase."

Disney itself is abusing the DAS system by forcing DAS users into long lighting lane lines which defeats the benefit for those who really can't handle the lines, maybe another DAS lawsuit can help things along

The long lightning lane lines are made up primarily of DAS (ab)users

Ayla

Disney gets their money from resellers, so they don't care about them. In this instance, third party guides are taking potential profits away from Disney. It's all about the benjamins for them.

Ayla

From the article;

If you really can't handle the lines, WDW isn't the place for you.

nickys

Premium Member

It’s different because clients are paying their guides around $150-$200 an hour. By their own admission they’re undercutting Disney’s VIP Tours. And in some cases blatantly claiming on websites that they can skip lines etc.

It is not at all the same as publishing an Unofficial Guide to WDW each year and providing the option to create a personalised touring plan for around $20 a year.

Disney have obviously decided they don’t want people profiting by offering guided tours at a quarter of the cost of their own official guides and have taken action. They must have identified companies they are targeting if they are pulling people out of line to trespass them, they obviously know the guides - suggesting they’ve been gathering information for a while now. Whether or not these guides have abused thenDAS system before or made false claims about what they can do, I don’t know. But they’re still profiting by acting as guides.

Casper Gutman

Yes, TouringPlans has done some analysis and found out Genie+ can make up as low as around 25% of all people going through the lightning lane. Which means everything else, which includes VIP tours, make-up passes, DAS, makes up 3/4 of the line. Obviously DAS is the biggest population there.
I’m wildly skeptical that enough guests are using DAS to significantly back-up lightning lanes. What proportion of guests each day use DAS?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom