TrenD boutique gets exterior signage and window displays

WDWFigment

Hopefully this store will be successful. Definitely a totally different demographic of customers, but I know the Saks around here stopped carrying Disney Couture (likely because it didn't sell--it was always on the clearance racks, it seems). Again, not an apt comparison, as there is probably a higher demand for upscale Disney clothing in WDW than there is in Indy.

TP2000

This looks similar to the Disney Vault 28 in Downtown Disney Anaheim. But I wonder why they didn't just continue with that Vault 28 "brand" out in WDW? Vault 28 at Disneyland has been around for a couple years now. Why the new "TrenD" name? :confused:

TinkerBell9988

This looks similar to the Disney Vault 28 in Downtown Disney Anaheim. But I wonder why they didn't just continue with that Vault 28 "brand" out in WDW? Vault 28 at Disneyland has been around for a couple years now. Why the new "TrenD" name? :confused:

When I was in Anaheim, I visited the Vault 28 store... I loved it! Then again, I fit right into the demographic (20). ;)

The Disney clothing was super cool, very retro-vintage inspired. And the Kidada for Disney Couture jewelry is... magical. I bought the Sleeping Beauty Castle necklace, and have received many compliments from Disney and non-Disney fans.

All in all, a great store for female Disney-files with an eye for fashion. :)

Thanks for the pics and the link! I can't wait to check that out! I love the vintage inspired clothing and I especially love the Disney Couture! I'm not a fan of the usual Disney soveniers so I'll most definietly be spending my money there!

WDW1974

This replaced the Summer Sands resortwear shop (a place that didn't sell Disney merchandise largely).

And this is WDW's version of Vault 28. Have no idea why the different name.

Wonder if it will be as successful since it is much larger and WDW's guest makeup tends to go for cheap (i.e. 50 cent) character tees that sell for $20-30. Not designer stuff.

If I'm not mistaken, almost all of the merchandise is geared toward women so guys won't be there unless they're dragged in ... or just like dressing in women's clothing.

~Can you imagine DD with almost no Disney stores? I can ... and it was wonderful.~

VT GAL

While I totally agree with you about the majority of the guests liking the less expensive options at WDW, I am glad to finally have a store like Vault 28 (which I have only seen online) coming to DTD. This store (no matter how cheesy the name) totally looks more in line with the type of clothing that I am interested in buying. I am hoping that the minority isn't as small as it may appear to be, and that over time they won't water down the line to be more in line with the rest of the current park merch offerings.

While I think that wdw is saturated with shops, I enjoy DTD shops the best. I just find it more convenient.

WDWFigment

Wonder if it will be as successful since it is much larger and WDW's guest makeup tends to go for cheap (i.e. 50 cent) character tees that sell for $20-30. Not designer stuff.

If I'm not mistaken, almost all of the merchandise is geared toward women so guys won't be there unless they're dragged in ... or just like dressing in women's clothing.

While I am not privy to any viability studies or any of that junk, just in pondering this on my own, I wonder if this is the case. DLR obviously has the fashion-conscious Californian crowd, but besides the hillybilly Grumpy-T-Shirt-lovin' Midwesterners (who would not likely purchase anything in TrenD), WDW has a larger, generally more fashion conscious international crowd than DLR. I don't know how that balances out, but I could see a store like this doing well in DtD.

Unfortunately, the store is entirely women's clothing and accessories. Looks like my only hopes for finding a shirt that doesn't have a boxy or supersized fit is more of the retro-shirts.

SoccerMickey

Like the Mr. Toad t-shirt available in the Magic Kingdom I noticed that Disney is starting to do some retro fit for men but not much. That was a good point that Figment brought up with the influx of International Males that come to WDW it would be nice to offer them something like they're used to finding in Europe. Also with all the gay men who work in WDW those t-shirts are more appealing to wear to the clubs than the typical WDW tee.

DizneyPryncess

Hi everyone!

I went to the grand opening of Tren-D yesterday. I had no idea it was going to be open. Two days ago, it wasn't, and then last night it was! I just happen to be in Orlando this week and happened to be there. I have to say that I'm in love with this store. I own a boutique in my hometown, and I wish it looked like this one! They did a fantastic job with the decorating & especially the window displays.

A lot of things were reasonably priced, but it did have its expensive pieces too. Everything was really unique - shirts, purses, flip flops, hair things, dresses....I was a little bit overwhelmed. At around 9:30-10:00 PM, my receipt said I was 1/1067. If that's accurate...that's a ton of sales for opening day! It was packed, you really could barely move. I got a yellow dress w/tinkerbell on it, and a newsboy hat w/a tiny mickey mouse on it.

For opening day they gave out little collectors tins which were really cute. I recommend checking it out - maybe during the day when things are less hectic in DTD. I'm excited to see this store in Disney! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom