Treehouse Villas???

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Okay- so we booked our Mardi Gras trip in the treehouse villas. There will be a couple with us who have never been to Disney. I am looking for as much info and tips on the villas as possible since we have never stayed there before.

Give me the good and the bad- i know a lot of people do not like how far away from everything they are. We like how roomy they are and how the kids can have their own space etc.

Thanks!
Erin

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I about a week and a half I will have lots of info for you. I'm heading there on Monday for the first time. I'm so excited. I've been reading tons of reviews all over the internet to try and find out as much as possible. Some things that I have learned in my reading:

-the door on the second bathroom doesn't lock
-there is no wi-fi...instead there is a high speed cable in the master bedroom
-the a/c unit is sufficient for cooling the entire place
-outside can be pretty buggy due to the woodsiness
-its a pretty major hike to civilization from a majority of the units

slappy magoo

I've not stayed there, but tried to book earlier this year. One warning I was given - by the DVC agent assisting me, no less - is that you're really really going to want to have a car handy. There is a simple pool that the guests of the Treehouses can use, but you're a hike to the main building, a hike to the main pool, a hike to food...

I know this is going to sound awful, considering a: how hard it is to get into the Treehouse Villas, even if SSR is your home resort, and b: *I* want to stay in them myself. But for a first time guest to WDW, it just might be amongst the least "Disney-feeling" resorts on property. Not just the Treehouse Villas, but SSR in general (with OKW sharing that distinction). Now, for your party, that may be preferable, not everyone wants to feel like they're in WDW 24/7. But even in the regular SSR rooms, you have some options of looking across the lake to Downtown Disney. The Treehouses feel supposedly more secluded than that. When you think about the way people kinda get giddy when they get to the lobby of Wilderness Lodge...or they know that, by staying in Boardwalk or Beach Club, they are minutes away from 2 of the 4 parks...or the views of Bay Lake or of the AKL Savannahs...this will almost assuredly be more subdued than that. I certainly hope you enjoy your stay, but you'll probably achieve that more by having a car at the ready, to go to other resorts, or even just to the main building.

Fizbain32

We have yet to do the Tree Houses, but we have a wait list for early December. Yeah, I know it is unlikly but if you don't at least try the answer is always no.

We have also heard the issue with location. But don't they run a buss from main building at SS to Tree Houses?

As for SS, we have stayed there twice and have enjoyed it thoroughly. We had a studio near the Carousel stop both times. We did not find things to be too spread out. The walk to the main building did not seam any worse than what I would have at a moderate resort. Maybe we just got lucky.

DecWDW

Yes, there is a bus. Our Treehouse was right next to one of the stops. We LOVED it there and I guess depending on where your treehouse is located, it's a walk to the main buildings but ours was right next to the path leading to SSR, so it wasn't bad. We had 5 adults staying there last December and we all had a great time. As far as the second bathroom not having a lock, do you mean the bathroom next to the washer/dryer? Ours had a lock, more of a deadbolt sort of thing I think.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Yes, there is a bus. Our Treehouse was right next to one of the stops. We LOVED it there and I guess depending on where your treehouse is located, it's a walk to the main buildings but ours was right next to the path leading to SSR, so it wasn't bad. We had 5 adults staying there last December and we all had a great time. As far as the second bathroom not having a lock, do you mean the bathroom next to the washer/dryer? Ours had a lock, more of a deadbolt sort of thing I think.

Yes. I believe that is the one I have seen referenced several times in reviews. I guess it isn't a big deal if it is all one family, but if there are different groups of people staying together it could get interesting.

DecWDW

Yes. I believe that is the one I have seen referenced several times in reviews. I guess it isn't a big deal if it is all one family, but if there are different groups of people staying together it could get interesting.

We had a couple, me and my adult son, and a female friend of ours. No problems.

Captain Chaos

I stayed in the Tree House Villas in October 2009 and loved it.... SSR is my home resort, along with BLT... I will always choose THV as my first choice...

Let me try to remember some of the issues here in this thread:

Yes, the secondary bedroom comes with a TV... The third bedroom has bunk beds... don't remember if that room has a TV or not.. Probably does, just don't remember since I didn't use it... The living room TV has a DVD player hooked up... Came in handy every night after a long day at the parks...

The AC unit works fine... Each room was very comfortable; not too cold but not hot...

Depending where your tree house is, you may have a walk to the bus stops... There are two stops on property... You have to take a bus to get into the main resort... However, if you have a car, you can drive over to the main resort.. When I stayed, I used the bus service to get over to the main section, mostly because I used the buses to get to the parks.. I had my car but I didn't drive to any of the parks... I did, however, drive over to the main resort when I wanted to get something from the store...

The walk to the pool, from what I remember, was not too bad either... No one was using the pool the day I decided to use it... Not sure if that is because the tree houses weren't full or because everyone used the main pool over by the main resort...

One night, my friend and I did have a bus issue, but I think the bus issue may have been our own fault... I forget what stop we made first, coming from the tree houses into the main resort... We hopped the bus to Epcot that day... We stayed for Extra Magic Hours... We left Epcot and got off at the first stop in SSR... We sat there for I don't know how long waiting for a tree house villas bus to come... No bus ever showed... We eventually asked a bus driver when one was due and we were told one should have come by now... Since one didn't, the driver was nice enough to offer us a ride back to the tree houses even though he wasn't scheduled to go there.. other than our one misfortune, the bus service is just fine...

At night, yes, it can be buggy... You have to close the door rather quickly or else you may get a swarm of little pests.. They love to fly by the light on the deck, and sometimes even land on the door.. I can honestly say, however, we never had a problem with any little flying pests invading the living quarters... Just outside, and mainly on damp nights... I sat on the deck one night as I called my family to check in, and I think I got a few mosquito bites...

The tree house villas section is very quiet... I loved it for that reason.. You don't feel you are in Disney, until you put on the TV to the Top 7 Must Sees that is... However, I will take the quiet over the noise at some of the other resorts that might give you that Disney feeling... I always get the Disney feeling when I pass the gates onto the property, or when I arrive at one of the theme parks.. I don't need it at my resort all the time..

Any other questions, feel free to ask... I'll answer what ever I can remember.. You will enjoy the tree houses I think...

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great info guys! The couple going with us love to camp and the outdors and we explained how the villas are sort of out of the way and away from the hustle bustle of most resorts.

They have seen pictures online and seem very excited. I too think it will be nice to get away in the evenings. I was a little worried about transportation, but it doesn't sound too bad!

I am getting excited!!!!

Captain Chaos

Thanks for all the great info guys! The couple going with us love to camp and the outdors and we explained how the villas are sort of out of the way and away from the hustle bustle of most resorts.

They have seen pictures online and seem very excited. I too think it will be nice to get away in the evenings. I was a little worried about transportation, but it doesn't sound too bad!

I am getting excited!!!!

Well, I hope you have a great trip.... I think you'll love the tree houses... If you have any other questions, feel free to ask...

kerrie

I will be staying there in Sept and you all have helped me add one more thing to my list of things to go.. Since im driviing I will be bringing the Citranilla candels for the deck when sitting outside.. I have not fire ones the run off batteries. :)

Captain Chaos

I will be staying there in Sept and you all have helped me add one more thing to my list of things to go.. Since im driviing I will be bringing the Citranilla candels for the deck when sitting outside.. I have not fire ones the run off batteries. :)

In September, yes you may need anything to keep the bugs away...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
We leave tomorrow morning for our journey on the Auto Train for the Treehouse Villas. I'm more excited than ever for our stay there. Can't wait to check in on Tuesday!

DABIGCHEEZ

I am getting excited!!!!

From looking at your signature, you will be going 3 times before your stay at the THV... so your excitement should be quelled by then. :D

DABIGCHEEZ

We leave tomorrow morning for our journey on the Auto Train for the Treehouse Villas. I'm more excited than ever for our stay there. Can't wait to check in on Tuesday!

I will be curious to see hear how you make out on the Autotrain. Friends tried that a coules years back and let's just say they vowed NEVER to do that again. GoodLuck and have fun.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I will be curious to see hear how you make out on the Autotrain. Friends tried that a coules years back and let's just say they vowed NEVER to do that again. GoodLuck and have fun.

Auto Train = :dazzle:
Never ever again...ever. I'll elaborate after I get home from this vacation. :lol:

As for these villas, I am enjoying them quite a bit. We have a car so we don't have any transportation issues. Our house does have a lock in the second bathroom. Seems like it was added after the fact though. Doesn't really match everything else and its in a weird spot. The internet hook up is indeed very inconvenient. There is one 5 foot ethernet cable in the master bedroom. That is it. Glad we brought a wireless router with us. The kitchen is really nice and quite functional even with 2-3 people in it. The furniture is comfortable and nicely arranged.

All of the bedrooms are nice too. The 3rd bedroom could be a bit tight with two people though. Glad I'm in there alone. Master bathroom is fantastic. Water pressure in the second bathroom leaves a lot to be desired.

Our biggest complaint is the A/C unit. It is adequate for the size of the building but it has that stupid motion sensor thermostat. Usually the first thing I do is bypass the sensor, but this one won't let me do it. Every time we leave it is 75-78 degrees when we return a few hours later. Its so hot! Takes an hour or two to get to 70-72 degrees. Doesn't seem to efficient to me. :shrug:

We did go to the pool yesterday. It was quite a hike for us to get to the THV pool. It's small but very secluded and peaceful. Not too many people there at all. I found it relaxing. I would NOT want either of the villas that are 10 feet from the pool deck though. I imagine it can get quite noisy.

All in all we are really enjoying our time here. Glad I have a few days left. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom