Treehouse Villas question

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i cant remember where they are located according to discovery island or RC. i know they are on the water but what bank and facing what?

mrtoad

Original Poster
They are on the way to DTD on the Sassagoula (spelling river) that goes from POR to DTD. To drive to them I beleive it is the same road as Old Key West.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks, i have always envisioned that they were on the back side of DI. im on the tera server now trying to get a aireal view. just scrolling and searching..... lol

edit: ok i found them (i think), thanks for the info

slappy magoo

Sorry to bring up an older post...hey wait a minute, that's what we're supposed to do! So I'm NOT sorry!

But seriously, I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the inside of a treehouse villas. I've seen exterior phots, and drove a boat past them on my last trip, but always wanted to know what they looked like from the inside. And pictures will probably be the only way I'll ever know.

SewIn2Disney

slappy magoo said:
Sorry to bring up an older post...hey wait a minute, that's what we're supposed to do! So I'm NOT sorry!

But seriously, I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the inside of a treehouse villas. I've seen exterior phots, and drove a boat past them on my last trip, but always wanted to know what they looked like from the inside. And pictures will probably be the only way I'll ever know.

Heh....don't you love how you get flamed for doing a search and bringing up an old thread, and yet you can get flamed for not doing a search and starting a new thread. It's a lose lose situation.

Anyway, when I was younger I always wanted to stay there....it just looked so cool to actually stay in a treehouse! I'd love to see any pictures anyone could share with us!

BigAL

Treehouse Villas

Another reason they are not torn down is that they will have to right them off of the books when it is done. All remaining depreciation for them will have to be expensed. As they currently are standing they can still depreciate them on a normal schedule, thus no large impact to the financial statements .

As far as why they were closed one of the boat captains (take it for what is worth) on the Pleasure Island resort launch indicated it was the A.D.A issue stated above.

cj2me

PhilharMagician said:
Well if I beleive that the phase 3 build for SSR that was announced last year will be built in part of the Treehouse area.

I also noticed the lights on. I would think that is alot of money to spend just to keep it look lived in. Then leave the trees that fell on them during the hurricanes still there. I am a little confused at this theory. :veryconfu

i think you are right. When I was there in May we stayed at POFQ and took the boat to Downtown Disney. The driver told us that Saratoga Springs will extend all the way to POFQ. Which means the treehouses will be no more.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the trees are gone yet? I took the photo almost 1/2 year ago and they have been there since at least the Fall. I hope they are gone as if not, there really is no excuse for that...

AndrewBradt

Just noticed this thread on the second go round...I love the treehouse villas.

One aspect of the mystery is the lights...according to two boat captains while I stayed at POR in March they keep the lights on in the villas at night for the boats to light the way along the river to DTD.

Here's hoping they bring them back someday...what a great place it looks like to stay!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can`t find stills - I have some video somewhere... I`m planning on yet another tribute video - to the WDW Resorts. There will be a big focus on the LBV area, with the village resorts - Vistas, Treehouses, Grand Vistas, Fairways etc.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I was at POR not too long ago (past few months) and they are still trapped under trees and abandoned. Interestingly, the one with the bashed-in side from a tree is one of the few i recall seeing without the lights on at night.

DiPSU224

We saw the treehouse villas on May 22nd and the driver of our boat pointed one out in particular and said that trees had just been lifted off of it the week before. The particular treehouse was on the banks of the river, and the porch, stairs and roof were torn apart from the 3 trees that had been laying on it since the hurricanes.
Someone had also asked why they had seen lights on in the one night and our driver said security turns the lights on at night.

EDIT: I just found a picture of the particular treehouse, but I don't think I can post attachments. Anyone know how I can do it?

celticdog

DiPSU224 said:
Someone had also asked why they had seen lights on in the one night and our driver said security turns the lights on at night.

Our boat captain said the same thing. The lights get turned on for security reasons. But why? If we all know that there is no one staying there, why waste the electricity?

jakeman

Something interesting I heard from a van driver taking me to a DVC presentation. Please everyone, take the rumor with a grain of salt, but it seems to be the only information I've heard on the Treehouse Villas in a long time.

The van driver stated that the Villas were to be refurbished and used as housing for the Advance Internship program since they seemed to be better behaved than the the Vista Wayers (don't flame, both my wife and I did the College Program).

I don't know about the validity of this, but it is just some new information to chew on, and I personally consider it an odd thing to do. I would say unlikely, but it is not my place to say what is unlikely or not at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom