Tree of life 'grows' new roots

twebber55

:) I'd rather talk about the park and what is happening. Sorry that I got drawn into a debate over Disney and Universal. It's pointless
im talking more about the silly debate about the expansion taking place at DAK and how successful it will be
no reason to apologize
for me, so far everything the DAK expansion has shown has been spot on and we haven't even got to the good stuff yet starting next year...I have total faith in this expansion based on what I ve seen so far
again jut my opinion

HauntedMansionFLA

im talking more about the silly debate about the expansion taking place at DAK and how successful it will be
no reason to apologize
for me, so far everything the DAK expansion has shown has been spot on and we haven't even got to the good stuff yet starting next year...I have total faith in this expansion based on what I ve seen so far
again jut my opinion
I'm pleased with what they have done so far. It's the step in the right direction. I've been excited seeing the photos of the Avatar construction that going on so far.its going to be awesome

Skippy

I think that the one thing that is good is the fact that they didn't need to add the "roots" like they did. That area could have been removed without any carved animals added. This was a change that needs to be made with what they are doing with the park moving forward and the added carvings were not needed, but they did it anyway. Nice touch Disney.

This is the key point in this thread, before it gets carried away with other lands and arguments of best locations. The expansion of walkways in Discovery Island did not happen just because some people thought it would be cool to take away theming, but because it was necessary.

The fact that the end result had some focus on immersive park detail instead of just doing what was required (make more pathway area) should be commended. They took away some lush areas but they tried to give back by the means they had.

doctornick

again jut my opinion

As do I. I am very excited about the impending changes to DAK. While I believe the park will still be somewhat undeveloped in terms of attractions, I have faith that what is built will be of high quality and the park will retain its excellent theming and immersive characteristic.

rioriz

AK is possibly will be the best theme park experience other than IOA in 2 years...that's all that matters to me! it is my fav park and I'm ashamed to say I just saw Flight of Wonder this past year for the first time...

Jon81uk

As do I. I am very excited about the impending changes to DAK. While I believe the park will still be somewhat undeveloped in terms of attractions, I have faith that what is built will be of high quality and the park will retain its excellent theming and immersive characteristic.

Currently DAK has more rides than DHs and if you count the walking tras and shows at both parks they are equal, except for Fantasmic. Once DAK gets a night show and Avatar it will be a better park than DHS. In fact I think even just with the nighttime show Animal Kingdom looks the better park.

HauntedMansionFLA

I keep saying they could have an Indiana Jones area like DisneySea and throw in a Ewok Village / Endor area. Plus, I wish they would have a kids area ( I don't have kids ) with small rides from Bambi and so on

dreamfinder

flyerjab

Our walk-through video

Just wanted to take a moment to say that your walkthrough of that subtraction/addition is absolutely excellent. It almost looked 3D on my screen. Maybe I just miss them but you should do way more walkthroughs. That one is so good and it is only a few minutes. Great job @wdwmagic.

All I can say about this is that it continues to build my anticipation for what this park is slowly becoming - the most impressively themed park in Orlando, including UNI. And this is aside from the Avatar expansion which I think will be breathtaking in every respect. I think that with this in the foreground and the refurbed ToL in the background, I am betting that the entertainment that they are planning for this area will be top notch. As withe the spirit of the park itself, I am betting that the entertainment experience will be unique.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom