Tree of life 'grows' new roots

note2001

And there will be a show there. Will be fun for crowd control. Just ss they begin to solve the issue at MK they create the same problem at DAK.

Hopefully they don't make another stage to block the view.... unless the stage can collapse down and as it rises it "grows" like vines from the ground with cascades of greenery, dew dripping from the leaves and flowers blooming. Probably a bit to technically challenging in the Florida outdoors.

HauntedMansionFLA

Hopefully they don't make another stage to block the view.... unless the stage can collapse down and as it rises it "grows" like vines from the ground with cascades of greenery, dew dripping from the leaves and flowers blooming. Probably a bit to technically challenging in the Florida outdoors.
How many seats are being put in place for the night time show?

Slowjack

They've done a nice design job on the new area but we'll just have to see if this works long-term. The paved-over area is not that large, and unlike the castle forecourt area in the MK, this area is right next to the main park walkway. It means that whatever "show" appears here needs to not be too popular, which is not the sort of constraint I'd want to be working against.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's pretty amusing if you go back a few comments. Everyone was oohing and ahhing over the nice touches and plusing with the new 'roots'.........until, the overhead photo showed the before and after walkway.

Oh you mean if you look at things as a system or whole they can be interpreted differently than when looked at in isolation? Who'd thunk it??

The DPB does a great job of glossing over those details like 'walkway widening' and instead focus on the all the pluses.

Bait and switch mean anything to you? The best part is the article where it says "to reveal how the tree’s roots have expanded into the central hub area." expanded... everything is more!! Ooops.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you like the changes you are in luck. I hear there is more paving to come.

Given the walkways (especially on the island) have always been a strain point... not too suprising. If Pandora and evening entertainment does what it's billed to do... the place would be like DL's Adventureland without improvements :)

Horizons1

Boy, TDO sure is banking on their new land being a hit.

I wonder how fast the blame game will get someone booted from their cushy office after the hype dies down and the Harry Potter-type crowds TDO is expecting to see end up being invisible.

twebber55

I wonder how fast the blame game will get someone booted from their cushy office after the hype dies down and the Harry Potter-type crowds TDO is expecting to see end up being invisible.
you really don't think all that they are doing will draw people to DAK? a new land, new nighttime show, nighttime safari, additional food and Bev along with shopping will do wonders for the park, especially

Horizons1

you really don't think all that they are doing will draw people to DAK? a new land, new nighttime show, nighttime safari, additional food and Bev along with shopping will do wonders for the park, especially

I don't argue with that, but TDO is expecting the land itself to be that real money-maker.

HauntedMansionFLA

They have Avatar movies coming 2017, 2018 and 2019 to go along with the opening of the new land. I don't think there are more Potter movies coming up anytime soon.

note2001

Are they expecting Harry Potter-type crowds for this? I never heard that. Certainly can't compare the Harry Potter response to much of anything except perhaps Star Wars or even a LOTR.

They have Avatar movies coming 2017, 2018 and 2019 to go along with the opening of the new land. I don't think there are more Potter movies coming up anytime soon.

I just hope they have a killer of a sequel for Avatar as they never really developed those characters out well. There's still nothing to love other than the visuals and perhaps the base concept.

twebber55

I don't argue with that, but TDO is expecting the land itself to be that real money-maker.
well im certainly not going to debate it again because its old and tiring, I guess we ll have to wait and judge later

I ve yet to see anyone from TDO who has gone on record saying what they expect this entire expansion to make for them....im assuming this expansion will be viewed similarly to DCAs expansion

twebber55

Are they expecting Harry Potter-type crowds for this? I never heard that. Certainly can't compare the Harry Potter response to much of anything except perhaps Star Wars or even a LOTR.

I just hope they have a killer of a sequel for Avatar as they never really developed those characters out well. There's still nothing to love other than the visuals and perhaps the base concept.
and here we go....

HauntedMansionFLA

well im certainly not going to debate it again because its old and tiring, I guess we ll have to wait and judge later

I ve yet to see anyone from TDO who has gone on record saying what they expect this entire expansion to make for them....im assuming this expansion will be viewed similarly to DCAs expansion
well said - couldn't have said any better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom