Treasures of The Walt Disney Archives Comes To Chicago!

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I do hope at least some park music is playing in the exhibit...My Mind would be blown for the Innoventions loop playing in the museum...

I'm pretty sure that there isn't any music in the exhibit. There's audio with some of the videos. The Colleen Moore Fairy Castle is undergoing a refurb, but all the little pieces are in display cases. I think I saw that Mickey and Minnie picture.

If you happen to go on one of these horribly cold below 0 days, the parking garage is underground, so you're never exposed to the elements which would be extremely bitter in that location.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure that there isn't any music in the exhibit. There's audio with some of the videos. The Colleen Moore Fairy Castle is undergoing a refurb, but all the little pieces are in display cases. I think I saw that Mickey and Minnie picture.

If you happen to go on one of these horribly cold below 0 days, the parking garage is underground, so you're never exposed to the elements which would be extremely bitter in that location.

Oh no problem there I just wish they "Would" have some park music playing..It would get me hyped since 3 days after seeing it I'll be in WDW...I also have a Membership at the Musueum so I know what to expect.;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Okay, with a few days off from work because of the extreme cold here in Northern Wisconsin I have finally uploaded pictures of the exhibit. I went a few days after Christmas, while we were visiting the in-laws. This was the best part of the visit! HAHAHA!:) Seriously though it was a very nice exhibit. Hubby and I went to the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco this past June and this exhibit was not nearly as extensive but still a nice glimpse into the Disney history. So here are some pictures of the exhibit... so spoiler alert......

The outside of the museum
PC290468.JPG

In the entryway of the museum
PC280396.JPG

In the part that has all the world Christmas trees, near the entrance to the exhibit.
IMG_2631.JPG
IMG_2632.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG
PC280408.JPG
PC280410.JPG
PC280413.JPG
PC280417.JPG

PC290424.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Now for some of the exhibits.....
Snow White costume from planning the movie
PC290427.JPG

and book from start of the film

PC290429.JPG

Sleeping Beauty Book from film

PC290446.JPG

Cinderella Book
PC290450.JPG

Both of them
IMG_2640.JPG

Other Artwork
PC290434.JPG
PC290435.JPG

Animators Desk
IMG_2638.JPG

Walt's Public Office
IMG_2639.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Other Disneyland Stuff....
Star Tours model
IMG_2656.JPG

Jungle Cruise Model

IMG_2657.JPG

Walt's badge
IMG_2658.JPG

Notes' on the copy for the sign on the train station arch
IMG_2660.JPG

1st Ticket to Disneyland
IMG_2661.JPG

Animatronic sculptures
IMG_2662.JPG

it's a small world doll
IMG_2663.JPG

By the way, I did not use my flash for any of the pictures, any glare that looks like a flash was the reflection from the museum lights.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you for posting these amazing pictures from your visit at the museum. What an outstanding exhibit this is. Glad you were able to see it and enjoy it.

You are welcome, it was fun and such a thrill to see some things. I think my in-laws thought I was a super dork after talking to them about the exhibit but I don't care, I am a super dork.

rob0519

Went today - met Marty. Fantastic!!!! Will have pics and the like this week.

My daughters and I saw Marty yesterday as well. Bought his book and got his autograph. I didn't see much to take pictures of other than him autographing their books. I was hoping for a more visual presentation, but it was interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom