Travel Channel / Disney Resorts

DisneyPrincess5

Hi every one :wave:

A few years ago, the Travel Channel used to have a show called Great Hotels hosted by Samantha Brown and on the show, she visited a few WDW Resorts. As far as I know she has been to Yacht, Beach, WL, GF, AKL.

I haven't seen any new episodes where she visits WDW Resorts in a while and I wish she did!
Anyone know if they'll film any new episodes at different hotels?
Thanks!

DizneyPryncess

I love Samantha Brown!! The last show I saw that she did was of her favorite things to do in WDW & DL. I'm hoping to see some new things too but haven't heard of anything being scheduled. I'm sure at some point there will be though - especially w/the theme being new.

Anyone else??

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

I loved watching the Great Hotels series, especially the ones on Disneyworld resorts. When I saw the show on Wilderness Lodge I knew we had to stay there! I would like to see the reruns of the other resorts as we are shopping around to see where we want to stay on our next visit.

Upvote 0

HopLow

I think I saw those individual episodes for sale at Amazon.

More episodes would be great. There are so many resorts, there could be a whole series. Maybe we should petition Samantha Brown...

Upvote 0

jvenegas

Did she stay in the Value hotels doing her show!

I'm guessing she stayed at the hotel she was reviewing at that time, you know, like an exchange thing, I review your wonderful hotel, you give me free lodging.

I also think that the Great Hotels series was cancelled so Samantha could dedicate her trips to international locations (I've seen Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia and others) in 1/2 hour shows.

Upvote 0

sbkline

I'm guessing she stayed at the hotel she was reviewing at that time, you know, like an exchange thing, I review your wonderful hotel, you give me free lodging.

I also think that the Great Hotels series was cancelled so Samantha could dedicate her trips to international locations (I've seen Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia and others) in 1/2 hour shows.

Ya, I have those "Great Hotels" episodes saved on my DVR, and the date it gives for the original airing (not the date that it aired when I recorded it, but the date that it aired for the first time) was 2001 and 2002, I think. So it's an old show which has long since been cancelled. And I haven't even seen the re-runs played in a long time, so I think the Travel Channel eliminated it entirely to make room for other shows which are more recent.

And as far as the questions on whether she did the values, no she did not. She did one on the Grand Californian at DL, then the Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht & Beach Club, and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Upvote 0

the-reason14

If you go to mousebits, I think there is a torrent with all of the GH episodes with Disney resorts on it. I remember downloading it, and I have all of them on my archos player.

Upvote 0

fizzle75

My wife and I just went to Amazon and bought all 5 of the Disney episodes of Great Hotels for $9.99 each and were elegible for free shipping. I searched and searched for other Samantha Brown episodes as I was hoping they would also have the Holiday episode as well as the other episodes she has done on Disneyland/Walt Disney World but I couldn't find them.

Here's a link to all of the Great Hotels DVDs...

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1238069...d-keywords=samantha brown great hotels disney

:wave:

Upvote 0

HopLow

My wife and I just went to Amazon and bought all 5 of the Disney episodes of Great Hotels for $9.99 each and were elegible for free shipping. I searched and searched for other Samantha Brown episodes as I was hoping they would also have the Holiday episode as well as the other episodes she has done on Disneyland/Walt Disney World but I couldn't find them.

Here's a link to all of the Great Hotels DVDs...

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1238069...d-keywords=samantha brown great hotels disney

:wave:

I have the Holiday and Disney Favorites episodes. They are available for download from iTunes under Season of Disney. I don't know if you would be able to buy them and burn them onto a dvd? I haven't tried it, I just watch them on my ipod.

Upvote 0

Scooter

I was really hoping Samantha Brown would do a Great Hotels show from Disney's Polynesian Resort.

It's one of my favorite resorts and I know it like the back of my hand. I would Love to see Sam's spin on the place.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
I was really hoping Samantha Brown would do a Great Hotels show from Disney's Polynesian Resort.

It's one of my favorite resorts and I know it like the back of my hand. I would Love to see Sam's spin on the place.

I agree! Poly is my fav and I'd love to see her present it. I'd also love to see her do the Contemporary and the new BLT.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom